What are these things on the Super Elite?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
2495005981_009150b922.jpg

Are those part of the seat? They've taken good care of it, it looks fabulous, they attended to the recall and got the fix Britax sent, so what are these things? The guy said that it was to hook it onto the bar underneath? Why would you need something more besides the tethers? I guess maybe because in 2002 there weren't a lot of tethers? I don't know.

Here's the whole seat.

2495002463_b701492165.jpg

I sat in it. I can't do up the harness, but I've got enough shoulder space, though I'm above the top slots (20.5" solid, probably more if I made it naked). Right now the Radian is sitting in it folded up. Both are going with us to check out the Mini on Saturday.

I hope Nathan doesn't mind.....

Wendy

ADS

TerisBoys

Looks like someone hooked carabiners to the tether clips for a DIY tether anchor *shudders* While the early ones DID have 2 tether clips (same shell as the Traveller Plus which needed 2 anchors at higher weights) the carabiners did NOT come from Britax.

It's likely close to expired too :(

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh it's definitely expired. March 2002. That's why I bought it. She was selling it on CL for $75 and had no idea. I bought it for $29. She said that she was so happy I emailed her and told her about this and she couldn't in good conscience sell it for use, so she was happy to sell it to me for something. She said I should patrol CL more often. :) I emailed four people the day I emailed her, and only one other had contacted me.

I just put Piper in it. She is a hair below the second to bottom slot, which confirmed her 15.75" torso height. She said it was really comfortable and she would be thrilled if she had one that was pink and fuzzy. She was SO tiny in it!! She wasn't in the mood to stay in there, though, so no pictures of her (yet) in it.

Now to see if it fits in a Mini.

Wendy

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Yep, Those add'l hooks are not supposed to be on it and a DIY that need to come off. Heck you can sell the cover for at least what you paid for the whole seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yep, Those add'l hooks are not supposed to be on it and a DIY that need to come off. Heck you can sell the cover for at least what you paid for the whole seat.

I don't want to, though! Naked seat! Besides, you can't put them on another seat, and these are all expiring.

The seat is going into my attic. I didn't have a youth seat only, and with the popularity of the Regent I thought this would be a good addition to my educational arsenal.

Wendy

Jmark

those are obviously not O.E.M however they are pretty heavy duty. possibly marine grade carabiners?

I wouldnt use them with a car seat. But they will tie down cargo well.

scout

Hi Wendy,
Did you try the SE in a Mini? We put a deposit on a Clubman yesterday, and I'm curious how/if a Regent will fit. We have both a post-advisory seat and a pre-advisory Regent. DD is currently about 41" and 41 pounds (a perfect square ;)), and using the second-from-the-bottom slots. If the Regent won't fit, we'll have to buy another seat (which I would ordinarily be psyched about, but we quite love the Regent). She has an MA that will expire in September, so that's out. Oh, I've started to ramble.

Part of me can't believe I didn't insist on trying the seats, but then it was 100 degrees, and they didn't have a Clubman. Also, I honestly didn't expect to commit to one yesterday, but after driving a "regular" Mini Cooper . . . .:love:

Anyway, I'd be most interested in your experience.

Thanks.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, I didn't. The Radian went in beautifully, and I don't think they would have appreciated more playing. LOL

Wendy

scout

Totally understand. When we went to the dealership they were SO busy.
I think I'll watch for a good price on a Radian -- glad to know it'll work. :cool:
The Regent can always go in Grammy's car if I can't make it work in the Mini.
Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC