Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Baby carrier help needed

I have an ergo now for my big 12mo. & petite 27mo. Is there another carrier that is just as nice but would be better for hip/back carry? I find that with the Ergo when my child is on my back the chest strap is in my throat. What do you guys suggest?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Baby carrier help needed

Do you adjust your chest strap lower and is it as far as it can go before hitting the narrow black straps? (it just slides up and down if you didn't try it before -- it shouldn't be fixed in permanent place). Are your shoulder & belt adjustments as snug/tight as possible too? That can also make a difference in center placement.

I know from the past, I always had it higher for front carry and had to adjust it downwards to back carry. If it doesn't move or work, you could always find another strap or just leave it off if you think you don't really need it.

hth
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

not sure if that fixed your problem or not. i hope so....b/c the Ergo is really easy..but the Becco is a great carrier too.
    Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 22, 16, 8, 5 and 1.
    5 and 8 year olds in Britax Frontiers; baby in Britax Chaperone.

The chest strap doesn't move??!!

I love my beco for back carries. Never liked the hip carry.

I also use a Mei Tei - Babyhawk and Mei Tei Baby and love those too!
    Perri - FT Nursing Student and Mom to
    Beauregard 8,Niko 5 , Konstantine 3,
    Baby Liam 11-18-08 rf SS1