Rumor GN price reduction

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I heard yesterday at a local tech conference that the GN's price had just been reduced to $100 at BRU.

I just got off the phone with a friend who works the baby section at our local Walmart who told me the same thing - apparently we now have GNs in stock for $100.

I'm not seeing a change at the online stores, though, and I haven't seen this in person yet.

Think they're getting ready to release new covers?

ETA: I have to admit I'm stunned to hear about a price reduction. Why reduce the price when they're already flying off the shelves?

ADS

Defrost

I'd be amazed if this is true, since $100 is more than our cost for them.

:twocents:

I know - I'm really hesitant to believe it, but both sources were QUITE reliable. I'm stuck trying to figure out how two totally separate, formerly very reliable sources, could do me wrong in a 24-hour period.

Clearly, I need to run to Walmart and take pictures. :D

TerisBoys

Either new covers, or trying to clearance out the original ones/instructions before putting the new ones out? Maybe the new ones have a different SKU or something?

YES - a run to WM is necessary - mine's an hour away round trip and Faeanne's not on to run for me (ours is 2 mins from her).

arly1983

I heard yesterday at a local tech conference that the GN's price had just been reduced to $100 at BRU.

I think I feel a field trip to my BRU is in order. I WILL remember my camera this time.

ETA: Do you think they have had time to mark them down or do I need to wait a couple of days. Gas is expensive.

BW1426

I think I feel a field trip to my BRU is in order. I WILL remember my camera this time.

ETA: Do you think they have had time to mark them down or do I need to wait a couple of days. Gas is expensive.

I'd call and ask for their price before you head out there. I'd think they'd give it to you over the phone.

Shaunam

Ooh, we're going to babies'r'us tomorrow to look at strollers. I'll have to take a trip down the car seat aisle (which I would do anyways but not the point :whistle: ).

BookMama

Senior Community Member
:eek: Wow!

Just today I was thinking I might sell DS's Regent and buy another Nautilus instead. If the price has really gone down to $100, I will have to seriously consider that idea!

natysr

Oh, this got me excited. Particularly since I happen to have a coupon for BRU for $20 off any carseat over 99.99.

But..

I called my local BRU. The guy told me that the GNs are out of stock for now, but the shelf still lists the price at $149.

Also, they don't carry the Frontier. So, I guess I have no reason to "go out and play."

mytwobugs

Ugh! I have 2 GNs ordered from Target.com from when they were on sale. If this is true and they are going to be even cheaper than that sale price I would cancel them and wait. What to do?!? :confused: I know whatever I decide to do will be the wrong guess at which way will get me cheaper seats. Oh well.

ZephyrBlue

Why is this exciting to me? I have 2 Nautis and paid full price plus tax for one and $150 for the other w/a Baby Depot coupon; I certainly don't need to buy another one! But if they come out w/girly covers, I'll sell the ones I have at a loss to buy new ones.

natysr

I also just called my local Walmart. The do have 2 instock, but she told me the price is $154.98??? That is higher than Walmart online.

Maybe the price change has not taken effect yet.

zactayaus

Ugh! I have 2 GNs ordered from Target.com from when they were on sale. If this is true and they are going to be even cheaper than that sale price I would cancel them and wait. What to do?!? :confused: I know whatever I decide to do will be the wrong guess at which way will get me cheaper seats. Oh well.

I would let the GN's from target.com come and then don't open them until you know if they are really going to be marked down. If they are then just take the unopened GN's to a target store for a full refund after you have the marked down seats in hand.

Defrost

Okay, sorry for the excitement. I'm kinda right, mostly wrong. They had one GN at our WM, and it was marked $100. 2 hours later Gypsy found it reduced AGAIN for $50! (Yes, she bought it.)

BUT they are not going to be re-stocking the GNs at that price or any price. Apparently they are completely re-doing the entire section. Every single Graco seat is marked clearance at our WM. Backless TBs for $10, HBTBs for $30, Snugrides for $50. It's nuts in there right now!

SO - I still have only ONE source for this rumor, as the second source was only specific to one Walmart. I have no idea what's up with the BRU rumor. I heard that from a tech who got it from the BRU rep. :shrug-shoulders:

TXAggieTech

Wow, that is a great deal! I wonder if they are resetting a particular style of Walmarts.... Worth looking. Thanks!

crunchierthanthou

Okay, sorry for the excitement. I'm kinda right, mostly wrong. They had one GN at our WM, and it was marked $100. 2 hours later Gypsy found it reduced AGAIN for $50! (Yes, she bought it.)

BUT they are not going to be re-stocking the GNs at that price or any price. Apparently they are completely re-doing the entire section. Every single Graco seat is marked clearance at our WM. Backless TBs for $10, HBTBs for $30, Snugrides for $50. It's nuts in there right now!

bummer that they aren't carrying it anymore, but those are some great prices.

natysr

SO - I still have only ONE source for this rumor, as the second source was only specific to one Walmart. I have no idea what's up with the BRU rumor. I heard that from a tech who got it from the BRU rep. :shrug-shoulders:

Don't be sorry. I'd rather it be this way, then have you not post it because you aren't sure and then we end up missing out on a deal. ;) Thanks for trying!

BW1426

Our instructor today said the the price quote he was given for ordering an Apex was $139 and the Nautilus was $119. I would never pay more for an Apex than a Nautilus.

khiggins

Just bought a GN from Walmart here in MS, and paid $154.98. :( Was already thinking about taking it back due to a very narrow shoulder width, IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC