Anyone willing to share

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I need 2 pictures---one of a child who appropriately fits in a booster and one who doesn't...or at least a poor fit.

Thanks

Susan

ADS

Mommy2Five

My 9 y/o in his Monterey
IMG_0039.jpg

And his 2 y/o brother in the same seat (although he does actually "fit" if I lower the headrest enough :confused:)

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

mommyto4

OOOOHHHHH!!! I really want a Monterey. It's so pretty. Darn it, I need that stimulus check today instead of Friday.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Forgot to ask if my first post...do you care if I use the pics in a presentation. I won't be spreading them around the net...just projecting them on a wall!

I would like to see if anyone has a kid using a 3 in 1 as a booster that fits poorly...as we see those seats around here frequently!

Susan

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Here are a couple of my DS in properly fitting boosters:

Parkway.jpg

backless.jpg

And, for good measure, one of him in a poorly fitting seat belt. Feel free to use the pics if you'd like to. DS likes to be "famous" as he calls it when I use his car seat pictures as illustrations. :p

seatbelt.jpg

christineka

I could take a picture of my 3.5 year old in a booster. She's so tiny she will rear-face to age 4 or so.

Christine

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
That would be great!

I love the pic of no booster...it really illustrates why the 5 step test is important!

Do you mind if I ask how much he weighs?

Susan

BookMama

Senior Community Member
That would be great!

I love the pic of no booster...it really illustrates why the 5 step test is important!

Do you mind if I ask how much he weighs?

Susan

DS is 44 lbs, 46" (ish) tall, 16" torso, and turned 7 in April. The scary thing is that here in Michigan, he's been "legal" to use just a seat belt for THREE YEARS! :thumbsdown: :(

Here's a pic of him in his harnessed seat too, if you want that.

Nautiluswithharness.jpg

christineka

I'll be on the computer again this evening. Dh is telecommuting today and his lunch break will be over soon, booting me off the computer. I'll take pictures of dd and get the pics up this evening.

Christine

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
DS is 44 lbs, 46" (ish) tall, 16" torso, and turned 7 in April. The scary thing is that here in Michigan, he's been "legal" to use just a seat belt for THREE YEARS! :thumbsdown: :(

Here's a pic of him in his harnessed seat too, if you want that.

Nautiluswithharness.jpg

He's legal in MD to ride in just the belt too. Good for you Mama for going above and beyond!

Susan

BookMama

Senior Community Member
He's legal in MD to ride in just the belt too. Good for you Mama for going above and beyond!

Thank you! :) Actually, he's a smart boy and prefers to be harnessed! :love: He knows it's safer but mostly I think he just likes it better than riding in a booster.

skaterbabs

I think I can get you a pic of CJ without a booster in MIL's truck - he doesn't pass the 5 Step Test in it and he'll be 12 in July.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
This is a Dorel Commuter/Ventura combo seat, in booster mode.

The lap belt is probably technically okay, but she's got so much wiggle room she could easily scootch herself down and it would be on her abdomen.

The seat has two positions for the shoulder belt. The first is too low. The second is too high. The higher position also prevents the belt from laying flat against her collarbone.

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Honestly? These pictures don't even do justice to how horribly this booster seat fits her. I'm tempted to run back out and try to get better ones from a different angle.

If you want, I can email these to you in higher resolution.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC