Should I turn her?

brooklynsmommy

DD is 2.5(yesterday) . She is 28.5 lbs and somewhere around 34-35 inches. I think she just grew again so I should check. We originally bought a MA and loved it. When I found a fantastic deal on two BLVDs, I sold it. I installed it FF to go home from my parents. SERIOUS head flop. So she had been rear facing still for the last few months. I want her rear facing, but am ok with the occasional FF in other cars if needed because the install is easier/ faster. Even when RF, she still has head flop. Not as bad, but she still has it. We have her installed in my Ford Aerostar. The passenger seat does not move forward. She has a decent recline angle, but it probably needs to be more with the head flop issue. But can't because the seat doesn't move.
Now here is the issue- My lock offs have started popping open while I'm driving. This is already the replacement set that they sent me so that I could flip them. I HAVE to use the lock offs because my seat belts don't lock. If my lock offs aren't holding, she can't be rear facing. :(
What should I do?

ADS

jdchic3

I would call Britax again and explain the situation to them. Then (ONLY if you have a l/s belt you can use) put her FF until you can get the issue resolved. Not a tech, but that would be my advice.

brooklynsmommy

It is a 93 Aerostar. I could put her in the back, but I cant get the latch plate past the lock offs. I really should call Britax. I just need a life time supply of them.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It's great that she's still RF :thumbsup:, but at 2.5 & 28lbs, I'd be comfortable FF my child, particularly with that situation. The FF lock-offs usually work much better and don't pop open. A poor RF install isn't safer than FF, yk?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC