Horror Stories

featherhead

I have a horror story of my own, and I'd love to hear yours.
My nephew, as an infant, rode in a Graco Snugride. My sister-in-law decided to turn it from a 5pt harness to a 3pt harness. Instead of pulling the harness up through the bottom of the seat, through the buckles, and then through the back, she pulled it through the back, through the buckles, and through the back again. To top it off, instead of threading it through the teeth that secure it, she used a safety pin!!!
Ok, so at 9 or 10 months she got a car seat from a friend... a Cosco seat with a three point harness and a shield(I have a picture but I'm not sure how to get it on here). It was never tethered, and the harness always had to be so loose, because otherwise it didn't fit over his head, and they were too lazy to tighten it every time. The straps were always twisted and the chest clip never done up. My husband and I bought a Scenera to use in our car, cause he comes over quite often. Finally we just gave him the seat. So now he's in a safe seat, which is installed correctly, but I'm pretty sure they still don't tighten his harness.
My nephew also gets to ride with grandpa a lot in his truck. Grandpa didn't feel like switching the seats all the time, so for a while he didn't have a seat for him, he just used the normal seat belt. (Just so you know, my nephew is barely 3, barely 30lbs). He did start using the booster seat that my sister-in-law bought for him, but of course it's only meant for 40lbs and up. They know all this, I constantly am telling them of the dangers of missusing car seats. But they don't care. So it continues...

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC