Carseat Chest Buckle

U

Unregistered

Hello everyone. I need some advise. I have two twins girls that are 2 1/2 years old. But one of them os very slick, she has learned to push the button on the safety latch that goes on her chest. They both have the COSCO Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat in Bella. I have tried seaching the web for some type of safety or lock... just something that will not allow her to unlock that latch because she then takes her shoulder straps off and only has the straps holding her thighs. I need HELP this is not a safe way to drive...

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Try getting some stick-on velcro and putting a piece of the stiff side on the "button." She won't want to push on it, but you'll still be able to undo her chest clip when needed.

Mommy2Marcus

One of the only things that I can think of that would allow her to do this would be if the harness were not tight enough on her. It needs to be tight enough to where you can NOT pinch any harness at the collarbone/tops of shoulder area. If you can pinch webbing then it is to loose. I would also think that IF she can fit her arms & shoulders out then the harness is not tight enough, so I would check to make sure you have the harness tight enough on her first!If that is not the problem then I am not sure of anything that will stop her from doing besides disipline at this age.

I also wanted to mention that you need to make sure that your DD's still fit in these seats height wise as well b/c my 19 month old just outgrew this seat in height at 25lbs! I also wanted to add that the very top notch that you can move the headrest to is for the belt positioning booster portion & not to be used in harness mode! How to check if they still fit is one of three ways!
They have outgrown it if ANY of these 3 things have happened:
1. Their shoulders have gone over the top harness slot
2. The tips of their ears have gone over the top of the hard shell OR
3. They have reached the weight limit.

I would be very suprised if they still fit. If you are not sure take a picture & we can help determine if they still fit or not. Also if they have outgrown this seat we can suggest others.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC