Discontinuing the GRACO CARGO?

That is what babies r us said Graco said. target took it out of their line up to make room for the nautilus they said.

So... is this true? I loved this seat for 3-across. I got the last one today at my target so to replace the scenera(almost outgrown by height), but it is that stupid graco peidac foam and takes off at least 2-3 inches in height. DARN IT! So, know it has to go back. I see other online places have it for 79.00 the ultra cargo.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If it's being discontinued, I don't see it being completely discontinued until the Nautilus is available in Canada. I'm sure that they're intending for the Nautilus to eventually replace it, but wouldn't expect it to happen immediately.

Please post back once you've talked to Graco. I'd love to know their response.

Kellyr2

From what I've read on here, BRU employees are notorius for saying that something is being discontinued, when what they mean is that BRU is no longer going to be selling it. They've said it about quite a few seats.

Re: Discontinuing the GRACO CARGO?(UPDATED WITH CALL FROM GRACO)

Ok just got off the phone with graco. He talked to the "manager" there and said the Cargo is being made still this year, but WAY less are being made. Targets and babies r us are not going to carry them any longer.
He said they are only making 7 color patterns now instead of 10?
He also said the main one they are going to keep making is the Platnium(the one I hate with extra foam, as the kids lose about 3 inches from it). But, he said next year he can't tell me for sure if they will have it. He said the Nautilus is a big hit and the sales on the Cargo have dropped big time. The sales on the comfort sport(YUCK) are still ok same with the safeseat1-he said the plain snugride has dropped too!

*So, this is what i am guessing, he said***
Next year they will have:

*Graco safeseat 1
*Graco Comfort sport
*Graco Nautilus-can be latched in booster mode, and will have more color choices soon, but couldn't tell me what.
*Graco HBB(less of them though since the nautilus is out)
*Graco LBB

tjham

bump

just because I thought it was interesting!
I was planning to recommend it to someone.
I also love it as a FF seat, but not as a booster.
Too bad they couldn't have made it to 48 lbs here as in Canada.
My granddaughter still fits in it height-wise at 7 but is 39 1/2 lbs.

the confortsport only sells because it has good covers. so many people are buying that flower printed one at target. it is sad parents pick out seats by the cover only...i mean i wil chose to spend an x-tra 20 on a different cover on a marathon but not buy a seat just for the cover.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
DD will need another nauti next year, hopefully there will be a girly one!!!!!

Spoiled.......you better chasnge the "lbb" portion of your post, before the monitor comes and beats you, LOL!!!!;):D

(To those who dont get it: there is no such thing as a "low back booster". it is high back, or backless.)

crunchierthanthou

Spoiled.......you better chasnge the "lbb" portion of your post, before the monitor comes and beats you, LOL!!!!;):D

(To those who dont get it: there is no such thing as a "low back booster". it is high back, or backless.)

aw, give her a break. She posted that list months before the booster semantics rant and it isn't like she made up the acronym. It's a generally accepted term, even if not completely accurate.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
**facepalm**
i didn't even notice the thread date!! LOL!!!
and i was trying to put the cheeky-joking smilie, but ti wouldn't work.....a lot of them arent working for me???

TerisBoys

So are they dropping the pointless SS2 also? I'd think the Nauti could replace both the SS2 and the Cargo in the lineup easily. Though I agree that the Cargo is nice for 3 across.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
the confortsport only sells because it has good covers. so many people are buying that flower printed one at target. it is sad parents pick out seats by the cover only...i mean i wil chose to spend an x-tra 20 on a different cover on a marathon but not buy a seat just for the cover.

I think you're right, this seat had a truly atrocious array of dull covers in it's lifespan... toss a little of those dora/diego/cars/easterbunnypuke pink covers on it and they could have sold zillions (instead of putting those covers on backless turbos...grrrr).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC