Rf'ing EFTA install input (split from ff'ing EFTA and LATCH thread)

lauralou

ok .Yes he is back rf.I just couldnt do it yet.Here is the install whatcha think?
paxton389.jpg
paxton390.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Re: Tightening LATCH on FF EFTA

It's hard to tell for sure because of the rounded shell, but I think it looks over reclined. He's over a year old, right? I'd try it again without the towel. He can be as upright as 30 degrees, as long as he's comfortable and his head doesn't flop forward when he sleeps.

Also, I'd be really concerned about that dvd player on the headrest. Rf seats can and will rebound into the vehicle seatback during a crash. His head is going to go right into that screen.

lauralou

If I move the base up into the bite of the seat ,do you think that will free up the knobs?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

If I move the base up into the bite of the seat ,do you think that will free up the knobs?

The angle is much better in that picture. You still have it completely in mechanical recline though, right?

Best advice for freeing up the knobs I can give is to use a single pool noodle and then pull the base of the seat slightly away from the seat bite. Pulling it out a little will compensate for the bit of recline the noodle will add, and it should reposition it at a height that the knobs won't interfere.

You could always try reinstalling with a smaller towel than you initially used and see if there's a happy medium there too. :)

Here's a couple links to how I'm using the noodle for my install. I do have sculpted backseats, so that's why the knob is so snug - it's still pretty easy to operate though. :thumbsup:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2444666586_c4608fcea3.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/2444666768_c7ab322995.jpg?v=0

(my ds is 19mos as of today, and hasn't fallen asleep since I last re-installed it. I wouldn't put an EFTA any more upright than what mine is. The angle is deceptive when judging it so I just wouldn't want to make it any further upright. :thumbsup: )

Mommy2Marcus

I was also going to tell you that it looked over reclined to me from your 1st pictures, but after seeing the 2nd picture...it looks MUCH better. I have found a more upright install does help my knobs be more away from the seat! My DS is 19 months & his seat is probably right on 90 degrees! Here is a picture of his seat!

006-1.jpg

lauralou

Thank you ladies.:D I will work with it some more in the morning and see if I can free up those knobs.He is 18 months.33 inches 23lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC