Flying

Dillipop

I will be flying alone with 2 1/2 year old DS in March. Not worried about the flying since the flight is only an hour, more worried about getting through the airport. I've read here about a luggage cart that works with the marathon. Couple of questions...

1. What is the make and model of the luggage cart that is compatible with the marathon and where can I buy it?

2. How does the marathon attach to the cart and does anyone have pictures of this process?

3. Can the child ride in the carseat attached to the luggage cart? (I thought I saw someone mention they used it to get their kid through the airport.)

4. My DS is anywhere from 31-33 lbs on any given day, so he is forward facing in our car now. Would it be easier to rearface him on the plane? Would the weight limit matter as much or should I just weigh him that day and see?

5. If I forward face him, what is the best way to route the belt? I've heard the marathon makes it hard to unbuckle if it is not done the right way.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

ADS

Kellyr2

Oh shoot! I had posted once about a thingy on wheels specifically made for the Britax convertibles, to get them through airports. And yes, you can put the child in it too.
I haven't done a MA on a plane before, so I can't help there, but I'm off to dig for that link now!
http://www.gogobabyz.com/products/gogo_kids.html
YOu can check ebay for cheaper ones. And I think I would NOT leave it on for installation on the plane, though the site says you can.

Longhorn Lady

That cart does seem nice, but man its pricey for occasional trips. haha!

I think that Holly bought an inexpensive luggage cart that worked great for her WZ. Maybe she'll chime in :)

Dillipop

I was looking for the inexpensive cart. That's the one I heard about someone rolling her kiddos in the airport in. (It might have been Holly.) The GogoKidz one is nice, but if there is a $20 one out there that does the same thing, I would much prefer it. We only fly maybe once a year, and do not want to spend a ton for a cart. Thanks again.

I

In The Woods

There is a $20 one out there. I have it and used it with our Wizard through the airports with then 3.5yo DS in it. Contained. I always knew where he was!

It's by Samsonite, not the Micro Mover one, but the other lightweight one they have. Can't for the life of me find it right now via Google. It's more substantial than the Micro Mover. I found it at a luggage store. I walked in the door, said I was looking for the $20 Samsonite luggage cart, and the salesguy knew what I was talking about and had it. It comes with its own bungee cords, very convenient.

Kristin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC