Wow...

carseatfreak

I have had so many car seat 'revelations' in the past week. First off, on Sunday, I gave my dear cousin a lesson on proper use. She still has her son occasionally in his wizard (and I'm sure he has more than outgrown it by shoulder height) but she said that she thought he would fit until he was 65 lbs!! i told her that the proper use is in the manual and she said she'd never read it...it's too thick!!! College educated woman here!!! Aaahhh...I love her to death though and she is taking whatever advice I give her (I think she's this close to putting ds back into a harness - frontier) and that would rock!

Then...last night at dh's softball game another mother out of nowhere asked if waited to 20 lbs to move dd forward facing (1st time I've met the lady but we were discussing have petite children). Her daughter is not quite one yet and lucky to weigh 17 or 18 lbs. She tells me they just bought her a new carseat - a NAUTILUS! Wow....I can't imagine that little petite girl in that big huge seat!! And to think she's already in it or will be on her 1st birthday. I tried to throw in there that AAP now recommends rear facing to the max of the seat (which is nothing for her new ff seat)...she said that harnesses on baby seat are below her little girls shoulders right now (yes...that's where they're supposed to be). Why is it that all this information is not common about extended rear facing!!!

ADS

mish

My 17 pound niece is no where close to fitting in a Nautilus. I put her in it for fun one day (the car didn't move) and it just swallowed her. That is really sad. I can't imagine how the mom could look at her and think it was ok. I would post pics, but they are just on my phone and I can't.

skaterbabs

There is a great deal of confusion regarding when a seat is outgrown and how. The government doesn't help either - they always concentrate of weight limits, but rarely address strap height or how a seat is outgrown by lengthwise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC