Clek HBB?

gwenvet

Another thread mentioned that Clek was coming out with a HBB. Is it true? I'm thinking it would be really cool, although I assume it will be expensive too. Has anyone seen one / have pics?

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Yes, It is true and it supposed to be release late this year. No one has seen the actual design of the seat. They showed a computer generated picture at Lifesavers but the engineer did say this was just a random sketch and they weren't releasing the details due to competion.

As for price that too is unknown but I assume around $150ish since the Olli is $80-90 range.

clek

It's true:whistle:
Yes, it will be very nice. At least we think so, but you can bet that car-seat.org will be one of the first groups to get their hands on some and give us an impartial review.
As for the price, yes, it will also be more expensive than most. oobr is scheduled to make its debut in early September.
Thanks for the enthusiasm :2thumbsup:

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, do you know how tall the belt guide might be? I love my Ollie and would consider the Oober, rather than a Monterey, if it is tall enough!

scatterbunny

I'm very excited about the Clek highback. :D We adore our Olli, but we're downsizing from a minivan to a smaller car (hopefully a Focus, found some in our price range new enough to have LATCH!), so I'd definitely want a highback for the extra side impact protection. :thumbsup:

canadianmom2three

You know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the oto.... I LIKE the parkway I just purchased for DS5, but I so wish it was LATCHable. Would this new clek highback be coming to Canada at the same time as the US???

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
It's true:whistle:
Yes, it will be very nice. At least we think so, but you can bet that car-seat.org will be one of the first groups to get their hands on some and give us an impartial review.
As for the price, yes, it will also be more expensive than most. olli is scheduled to make its debut in early September.
Thanks for the enthusiasm :2thumbsup:

Raising hand to volunteer to give an impartial review!!!

Kellyr2

I'm always up for a little research! I can try it on a 2 yr old (or, he will be in Sept! but he will NOT be riding in a booster, I'd only TEST him in it in the living room!!), a 6.5 yr old, and an 8 yr old. An 8 yr old who, though he has a slim, athletic build, is too wide for the Monarch's seat, due to those stupid seashell belt guide things! I wish the Oobr were out today, because from what I've seen and heard of what's expected, it'll be my top pick - and I'm buying a new booster tomorrow.

clek

oops, I did mean oobr in my earlier post (now edited). Even I get confused over some of our names sometimes.
We plan to release oobr in Canada at the same time as in the US.
Thanks for all of the review offers. We'll come up with a plan later this summer.
Thank you

jclaire

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a tall belt path. I'd would LOVE to have a clek HBB for my uber tall almost 7 year old.

clek

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a tall belt path. I'd would LOVE to have a clek HBB for my uber tall almost 7 year old.

We pay close attention to this board. Your opinions and comments are being heard and do count. :)

skaterbabs

I would love to finally find a high back big enough for my almost-12 yo. He outgrew the Parkway by height before he could pass the 5 Step test in my '93 Suburban (no head restraints, so a backless isn't an option.)

mommyto4

We pay close attention to this board. Your opinions and comments are being heard and do count. :)

Tall and wide, that's what I need.:D Oh, and an anti submarining strap or ramp or something. My BIG almost 8 year old son with autism tends to slump in a booster and ends up with the seatbelt across his tummy instead of hips.

clek

Tall and wide, that's what I need.:D Oh, and an anti submarining strap or ramp or something. My BIG almost 8 year old son with autism tends to slump in a booster and ends up with the seatbelt across his tummy instead of hips.
Not sure how to accomplish that, but I'm writing this all down.

Keep the suggestions coming:2thumbsup:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Not sure how to accomplish that, but I'm writing this all down.

Keep the suggestions coming:2thumbsup:

I can't imagine one booster being able to suit everyone's needs - they all seem to fit a particular set of needs, yk? But it would be nice to have a booster available that had specific features unlike every other booster.

Boosters in other countries have anti-submarine clips or straps - being the only one available in the U.S. would be a plus.

For another example, the FPSV booster is the only one with a width-adjustable base, and it's been discontinued. That feature really made it stand out for parents needing to fit 3 kids across the back seat.

Obviously, flashy/trendy covers are a plus, too, since most booster designers seem to think we only care about matching our vehicle interior. :rolleyes:

Personally, I need a LATCH-able HBB with a very thick back (so far only the Recaro Start seems to have that) but that would make it heavier and possibly not suitable for the majority of vehicles/children.

I think Clek already has "comfort" down pat. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC