Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Silly question about Marathon cover - Help me

I just got the Marathon in that I ordered and I wanted to wash the cover before I install in the car. I can't get the belly strap off! It won't slip over the buckle no matter what I do. What am I doing wrong? I feel like this is something obvious and I am just not getting it.
    THanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Silly question about Marathon cover - Help me

You need to take the buckle off the seat to take the belly pad off.
    Sanna-5 years, 33 pounds, Nautilus
    Karl-2 years, 25 pounds, RF in a Roundabout or Marathon

You have to remove the whole buckle from the carseat and then take the belly pad off the bottom. If you turn the metal piece underneath the seat and push it up through the slot it will come out and then take the belly pad off. Hope that makes sense!
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Carseat Crazy

Is that a new belly pad design? My DD's MA is from 2004 and the silly pad would pop off nearly every time I'd take her out of the seat! I don't think I've seen the belly pad in a year and a half ...

I'm sure that that's why they made the hole smaller, so they wouldn't slip off accidently.

When you take the buckle strap out, you have to push the whole strap and metal piece down first, turn and push back up through the hole. Then reverse the procedure to put it back in. Pull hard on it to test that the metal piece is reseated properly in the right area.

FWIW, the cover doesn't have to be washed before use.
    I have never washed any of my seat covers before use.
    (Well, maybe, on the infant seat...)