booster question

stephie1012

so DH and i decided we would take our nephew camping with us this weekend. hes 9 but very small maybe like 50lbs i guess?
well of course SIL has him sitting with a seatbelt no booster or nothing :thumbsdown:
so i told Dh if we take him he HAS to ride in some sort of seat...i need something kinda inexpensive since we wont use it often and i need to do 3across in either a H3 or a Nissan Titan
(ughh he has my 8yr old neice with a seatbelt,my 4yr old (35lbs) neice in a booster, his cousin has her 2.5 yr old 35lber in a booster, and her mom is a carseat certified since shes a cop)

anyway any recomendations for me?

ADS

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
The whole idea of the booster is proper fit of the lap/shoulder belt for a child not tall enough to sit in the belt alone. Any small booster seat for 15-20 dollars at your local discount superstore will probably work for occasional use and fit...the graco turbobooster comes to mind...but there are probably other folks here who will answer you with even more options as far as brands go.

He is old enough probably, but does not sound large enough for the shoulder belt to cross the middle of his collarbone and the lap part of the seat belt to stay low on his hips. A booster will solve that issue more than likely.

stephie1012

DH just said his sister has one for him why she doesnt use it is beyond me UGGGHHHHH!
but i still might buy one bc who knows what kinda shape or how old it is

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC