Why even bother with a car seat?

Baileybb

Yes- I have permission to use this picture.
.....this is a friend's child. How many things are wrong with that car seat?

2uyiosh.jpg
:thumbsdown:

ADS

PixieEMT

Oh my!
Twisted straps, harness not even on correctly, belly clip, winter coat. Plus the fact he looks like he is out grown the seat in height!

Mom to a few

Well, he sure looks happy!

1) The thick, bulky winter coat
2) Harness/headrest not adjusted to the correct height
3) Harness straps that are twisted into ropes
4) Chest clip too low

Too bad we can't see how the seat is buckled/LATCHed in!

kidrepair

i see this way too often, a lady i work in the church nursery with takes care of two boys and asked me to raise the harness on a graco cargo without the front harness, the other seat she had ,an AOE, looked just like the one in your picture, harness was crazy and twisted, how can that child in your photo be comfortable with that headrest near his shoulderblades, mom probably didn''t even know you could raise the headrest.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I see at least 6.

1. Harness WAY too loose.
2. Harness straps below shoulders while FF.
3. Child's eyes are above the top of the seat.
4. Coat in carseat.
5. Child looks to be way over 40 lbs.
6. Twisted straps.

ETA make that 7. Chest clip is too low

zactayaus

I have a friend that used to buckle her dd into her seat that way. Every time I would see them I would fix her straps and adjust her chest clip and explain to my friend why they needed to be the way I was doing it, but it would go in one ear and out the other. Her dd, who is smaller then my ds just turned 5 and has been in a booster since she was 4. At least she does the seat belt right on the booster.

Synchro246

So, since you have permission to use the pic I want to assume that she now knows better and is just as horrified at this pic as we are. . .would I be wrong?

Mommy2Marcus

WOW is all I have to say! Did you tell her that he was in the seat wrong at least? Tell me she is going to fix it in some way or just buy a new seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC