update about my SIL and her carseat usage

I posted a bit ago about my SIL's brand new first baby and her misuse of the seat. I talked about how sensitive she is and all of that. ANyone remember? Well, today, we finally got to see her and new bundle of pure bliss! We have all been sick, so we hadnt see him for fear of passing it on to him. I watched her buckle him in to go from one grandparents house to the next. the chest clip was still low and she wrapped a blanket around hs head basicly making a double headrest. Not too sure on the use of that. I didnt say anything because I just wasnt comfortable enough to. We got to the other grandma's house and when she went to get him out of the seat, sweet DH spoke up and said "Carla, isnt the chest clip suppose to be higher on him?" to give me a way in because he new i was nervous about approaching it with her. I was like "yeah, it should be level with his armpits". that was that. a lil while later, I gave her some gifts for the baby and included some printouts from a website about carseat safety. When she pulled the stuff out and saw that, she was like "oh, carseat safety stuff!" in a chipper way. I hope that means she is open to reading it and learning from it. We will be seeing her in a couple of weeks, so I will follow up with her again. Baby steps.. I know she is feeling like eyes are on her, ya know?

ADS
U

Unregistered

I too kinda freek out about misuse of car seats. I am in no way an expert, but I read up on it very often. I have had many awkward moments with a few family members about their babies car seats. On one hand it's not my child and I don't know how much that is crosing the line, and on the other hand, if they were to get into an accident, and the child would get hurt, i'd feel horrible. Kudos to your husband for helping to break the ice!!!

I have been in many situations where I should have spoke up and didn't. But they are mostly people who I didn't even know. It is just so scary that people dont' take the time to research something so important.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC