Let's start a "Monterey" photo album

Stretchy Glue

Since we're all getting our new seats, lets share photos in one thread. I'm particularly interested in (and think that they would be incredibly helpful to others) comparison picture. These are dd in the Monterey and Parkway. Here are dd's stats:
6 years
49 inches
55 lbs
19 ish inch torso

The last Monterey picture is fully extended, as is the last Parkway picture. She has tons of growing room.

100_1783-1.jpg

100_1785.jpg

100_1786.jpg

100_1787.jpg

100_1788.jpg

100_1789.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

scatterbunny

Love it! :thumbsup: I want one, now. :p Your H looks great in the Monterey. It not only offers more height room, but it supports her legs better.

ginny4

she LOOKS so GREAT in it!! look at all that room. & what i can tell it seems she does have more room in the monterey than the parkway. very cool. does she have a particular preference?

i'll add mine once i get updated pic of DS with the headrest in it highest position (thanks to Jo Ann's discovery!)

Stretchy Glue

she LOOKS so GREAT in it!! look at all that room. & what i can tell it seems she does have more room in the monterey than the parkway. very cool. does she have a particular preference?

i'll add mine once i get updated pic of DS with the headrest in it highest position (thanks to Jo Ann's discovery!)

She could care less. She likes the Monterey because it's new. I LOVE:love: the feel of the fabric, but I think the light pink and the texture will be dirt magnets. I'm partial to the cotton in her Speedway cover for the PW because it just doesn't show the dirt. I'm really happy with the new seat.

Jenny, I agree, the leg support is much better.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It fits her much better than the PW. When did you get it? I wonder when mine's going to come. Ds would just die if his is pink.

Stretchy Glue

I got it yesterday. They shipped it Wednesday. I live so close to them that it didn't take long. H wasn't too upset with the pink, though I'm not thrilled. It does give her so much more room, and I love how it wraps around her torso. Right now it's on the narrowest setting, and she still has lots of room. The headwings don't interfere with headphones either.

Stretchy Glue

I don't know if it goes higher than yours, I think it's just the angle. I'll find the picture of the tape measure because it's just at 22 inches.

Okay, here's the pic with the tape measure.

100_1712.jpg

And, here's one of dd in the FPSV booster. She's about maxed out, but dh saw the videos of lbb vs hbb and wanted it in his truck. I can't put the PW in because of the way his truck angles in by the door and it can't go any higher.
100_1535.jpg

Excuse the grumpy look.

Last edited:

zactayaus

I got it yesterday. They shipped it Wednesday. I live so close to them that it didn't take long. H wasn't too upset with the pink, though I'm not thrilled. It does give her so much more room, and I love how it wraps around her torso. Right now it's on the narrowest setting, and she still has lots of room. The headwings don't interfere with headphones either.

Would you be able to take a pic of your dd in the seat with the headphones on? I have been trying to decide on a new seat for my 10yo dd and the headphone thing is a make it or break it deal.

zactayaus

Thanks for the pic. I'm still not sure if it would work for us. We have the big bulky wireless headphones for the built in dvd player. I wish I knew of a place near my home where we could actually try the seat out. I do really like the seat and think my dd would be very comfy in it but we can't give up the headphones. They are a life saver for the many long trips we take.

ginny4

:eek:
I'd like to see those. You're seat (judging by the pics in the other thread)
seems to adjust even higher than mine!!

i think its the angle to i got the same # of inches (from the neck of monterey) as you did. i was trying to do the same angle as Jamie did when she had the monterey on hand. so she could compare.

i gotta wait til Dh gets back (away on business) before i can take pics. can you belieev that away for mothers day weekend - HOW RUDE:mad: so come monday i will have pics to load up.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Our older van has those enormous headphones, but now they sell much more slim ones at the dealer. Might want to check and see if you can buy lower profile headphones for your DVD system?

sarsah

If your headphones are the bigger 'wireless' kind (ours came with the factory installed DVD player in our 2007 Honda Odysses) they are nearly too big to use with the Monterey. This is a picture of my 5 year old with the headphones. They are too big for my 8 year old to use (since he's older and his head is bigger, I guess).

It would have been a deal breaker for me, but my MIL came over when I wasn't home and took the Monterey box to use when she moved, so I can't return the seat now <ugh>.

Sarah......

Would you be able to take a pic of your dd in the seat with the headphones on? I have been trying to decide on a new seat for my 10yo dd and the headphone thing is a make it or break it deal.

zactayaus

If your headphones are the bigger 'wireless' kind (ours came with the factory installed DVD player in our 2007 Honda Odysses) they are nearly too big to use with the Monterey. This is a picture of my 5 year old with the headphones. They are too big for my 8 year old to use (since he's older and his head is bigger, I guess).

It would have been a deal breaker for me, but my MIL came over when I wasn't home and took the Monterey box to use when she moved, so I can't return the seat now <ugh>.

Sarah......

Thanks for the pic. Darn, it doesn't look like the monterey would work with our current headphones. I am going to look into seeing if we can get slimer ones but I'm still not sure. It's too bad the monterey doesn't have adjustable head wings.:(

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I guess I'll have to call them and ask about my order. Hmmmm. I really hope I DON'T get a pink one though, AJ would be less than impressed. :)

I'm so glad it's taller and is working well for her, I know you wanted to keep her in a hbb.

Stretchy Glue

Sarah......

Please don't take this the wrong way, but honestly, safety should come before comfort. If you want a seat with SIP, that should be more important than headphones fitting in to it.:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC