Gerry Guard Secure Lock, 1991, Yuk!

classicseats

This contraption is a Gerry Guard Secure Lock. Secure? If you look at the photos, you can see the funky swinging latch thingy in the crotch area. It hinges up and latches horizontally to the OHS. A real pain to buckle! It's big and clunky, too.

Last edited:
ADS

courtfrog2

Re: Gerry Gard Secure Lock, 1991, Yuk!

as far as your disclaimer... where's the kid in them as a model??? :D Did my 3 year old arrive safely by mail yet?

seamonkeys

I remember my niece (born 1991) using one of those!! Totally forgot about the flip up crotch kind until now!

emandbri

That is very similar to the one click I bought for Jacob in 1997. It was a pain to buckle! You had to twist it from side to side to get it to latch. The shield was also prone to cracking, mine cracked when I checked it on a plane. Evenflo bought out gerry and replaced it with an evenflo scout. At that point I had found the car seat board at parentsplace and knew to ask for a 5-point.

MOM25BOYS

Oh, now that seat is verrrry familiar!:) My aunt had one just like it for her DD back in the day! LOL! I can still see it now seating sideways in her old Honda Civic.:eek: Hey atleast is has a little more padding than the Century!:p

jb5416

I had one of those for my 1st DD (born in 1994). I bought it new in '95. I found it very easy to use (especially with a toddler who struggled like heck every time I buckled her up)--I loved that seat and was so sad when the shield cracked and a different seat was sent as a replacement.
Jessie

PixieEMT

Ugggggggggh my aunt was using that one a couple years ago (6-8) for her grand daughter in her car. My cousin's wife found out she is pregnant and due in November.

I will sooooo have to step up and say something if she trys to use this seat for the new baby!:cool:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This is the one my DH got from a grandma. It is sitting in the office, with all paperwork. It looks perfect!

sirrahn

Hey I snatched one of those (well the renamed One-click) up for my now 10.5 yr old. I thought it looked sooo safe with all that plastic and not just flimsy straps around the kid:rolleyes:

The harness had a retractor and you didn't have to adjust anything, just click and go. I put him in it at about 4 months and although he was a pretty big baby, he could barely see over that giant shield.

Anyway, glad he survived...and I made lots better choices as he got older and then with my other kids!

gbpmama

Oh, I used to lust after that car seat back then.. yes, I had a thing for car seats even at a young age before children (LONGGGG before children). Crazy, I know. I thought the one click feature was just the neatest thing. LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC