I need suggestions

karmamama

I was all set to go with the Radian for our new baby due in a few weeks, but it just doesn't fit well in our truck.

I'm so overwhelmed going thorugh all the options...I need help. I'm not interested in a bucket/carrier, just in finding a convertible that has relatively high harness weights (front and back) but has a considerably shorter shell height. (That's what nixed the Radian -- to get it in rf I had to push the front passenger seat all the way forward, and it didn't fit in the center seat either.)

I can't afford to spend any more than I did on the Radian, and would really like to spend less. Bonus points if it's a seat that is easy to find in a real store because I'd like to try it in my car before buying and I need it soon.

Thanks!!

ADS

tlj

Walmart.com is now carrying the True-Fit--so you could have it shipped to the store and try it out. I'm pretty sure they are now in stock because I got a notice from Walmart about them yesterday.

dhardawa

I'd recommend the True Fit too. With the infant padding, the bottom slots on it are comparable to infant seats. I think a newborn would fit very well in it.

firemomof3

The True Fit will fit an infant very well, the infant padding is very impressive! Here is a picture of the infant padding:
truefitpadding001.jpg

karmamama

Thanks for the recommendation....

How do the straps hold up over time? Do they get twisted easily? This is my #1 complaint about nearly every other seat we've had:thumbsdown:

firemomof3

Well, the true fit is a fairly new seat. I personally haven't had any trouble with the straps twisting. I also have the Recaro Signo which a lot of people say have twisty straps but the Signo is my favorite seat so far, I just :love::love: it!! I'm actually selling both of my True Fits so I can get another Signo! But dont get me wrong, the True Fit is a great seat!

gwenvet

I know you said you didn't want to spend more than the Radian but for $30 more www.albeebaby.com has the Marathon on sale for $229 with free shipping. This is my ALL TIME favorite seat and I've had the Radian and the Marathon trumps it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC