What is your 9, 10, 11, or 12 year old in?....

What is your older child in?

• a 5-point

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • a high back booster

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • a low back booster

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • a seat belt

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • other

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

emandbri

Just curious....

You can vote for more than one.

Jacob is 11 and in a prospect and Daniel 9 and is in a parkway but I told Jacob about the monterey and he wants one!

ADS

ginny4

oh i didn't realize i could vote for more than 1. not sure i can edit my choice. anyway i voted that DS close enough to 9yo is in a HBB (in our car) in my parents he rides in LBB.

TerisBoys

I goofed.

Josh (12yo) is in either seatbelt alone or Evenflo Big Kid backless.

William (8.6yo) is in a SR/C, Recaro Vivo, or Turbo backless.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
DS is almost 11 (70 pounds, maybe 56 inches?) Recaro Start in the back of my van (near the window with no curtain airbags, and it's actually his first choice when he jumps in the van), and Clek in the middle of the van (px side cpts chair slid center) or in the Escape outboard with curtain airbags. I guess I could have voted again since he rides in nothing with friends, but he barely ever rides with friends....

DD's 8.5 now, 53 inches, 60 pounds, same seats (though I send her with boosters with friends...last time DH forgot, the family let her ride in their kid's booster...yikes, since their kid is way shorter than mine)

scout

He's 9.
Regent in my car,
Bodyguard in his Dad's (haven't found anything else that will fit),
Combi Dakota in his grandparents car (where he never falls asleep ;)).

amjbmommy

dd- 9yrs 56 1/2 ", 66lbs backless TB
ds#1- 7.10yrs, 52", 62lbs clek olli

They were both in HB TB's but they "leaned" in towards the middle (both in back bench of '02 Windstar)

zactayaus

My dd will be 10yo in 2 days she is 50lbs, 52" and she rides in a TB and a FPSVB both with backs. We are currently looking for a new high back because of leg support issues.

Tara

I *just* let my 11yr 80+#er go without a booster. We're in a testing period, I told him. He fits well in the seat belt alone..or so it appears. I'm giving him a few short 'to town' rides to see what I really think about it..how satisfied I am with the fit. As I said, he seems to fit well, passes all criteria and he behaves himself. I just want to be sure. I don't trust initial glances ;)

I also told him even if I DO decide he can ride 'full-time' without the booster..that is only for in town trips. He *will* still use the booster for long hauls. He's ok with that. And not pressing the no booster issue at all. So that's good. :)

Anywho...I voted seat belt as well as high back booster (Bodyguard)

BabyKaykes

OK, so mine are older but I voted anyway...

Mia just turned 13 - 95lb, 5'3" and rides in nothing.

Taylor will be 15 in August - 105lb, 5'5" and angrily rides in a Combi Dakota. She's all legs, no torso and I was tired of telling her to wear her seatbelt correctly. Apparently, she thought I was joking when I told her if I caught her with the shoulder belt behind her again I'd go out and buy her a booster.

sixmaybemore

10 yo is in an Olli Clek, will be buying Monterey before the summer when we start traveling. 12 yo is 100 lbs and 5'3", she's in a seatbelt.

laccaycol

I put HBB My 70 pound 11 year old(12 in Aug) she rides in the Monterey in my van and a backless in dh's truck. She is 4'9 but depends on the car she is in if she needs one or not. She chooses to ride in one she loves them lol.

Michi

My 10 year old just outgrew her Monarch as a HBB and so she is currently using it as a backless.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My 10 year old just outgrew her Monarch as a HBB and so she is currently using it as a backless.
Monarch can be used backless? (wondering how I missed THAT detail, lol)

Edit...I missed the detail because I didn't read the britax page <blush> Is the seat depth better when the back is off?

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Taylor will be 15 in August - 105lb, 5'5" and angrily rides in a Combi Dakota. She's all legs, no torso and I was tired of telling her to wear her seatbelt correctly. Apparently, she thought I was joking when I told her if I caught her with the shoulder belt behind her again I'd go out and buy her a booster.

:ROTFLMAO: That's great! Good for you. :thumbsup: So, did she really not fit in the seatbelt originally or did she just not like to wear it?

BabyKaykes

:ROTFLMAO: That's great! Good for you. :thumbsup: So, did she really not fit in the seatbelt originally or did she just not like to wear it?

When I first threatened her she said it was just in her way because she was trying to sleep - So I told her she needed to learn to sleep sitting up straight.

Then she said it was bothering her neck - So I told her that must mean the belt didn't ft properly and that to be safe she HAD to get a booster.

She has now run out of arguments...

The belt really does cut into her neck some, so it has helped. We both sit on pillows at the kitchen table. But my seat belt fits properly because the front seats have height adjustable belts. The back seats don't.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
adding in the 8.5 yr old too.

8.5yrs DS, 9yrs DBC, 12yrs DBC----all ride in (depending on the car) seat belt, LBB, HBB, or 5 pt.

12 yrs DD1 rides in seatbelt or 86-Y.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
My 10 and 12 yr old stepsons ride in car seat belts..in our cars. nothing in their mom's car. **there isn't a smiley that is pissed enough to put here**

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC