What is your favorite booster?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
This is hard, LOL :p My top 2 are: Britax Parkway & Recaro Young Sport or Start.... Our Parkway is just so easy for kids & grandparents to use, offers the side impact protection & sleeping support. I've never even seen a Start in person, but I have the Sport & the Start seems like it's even nicer than the Sport? More adjustable & with other safety etc. features (Our Sport is very comfy & safe, though, too!) :rolleyes: ;)

Kellyr2

Parkway. I've never seen the Recaro's in person... but I still think that overall, the Parkway is my fave because of price. I'm not a fan of the Graco's for some reason, can't really put my finger on it. And I also really do like the Compass booster, even though I've read on here that its a bit shorter than most. I like the portability of it. Sure would be nice to stash one in the trunk for emergencies.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
See, there's something about the Compass I don't like & I can't figure out what :rolleyes:

I do like the Turbo for price & it's comfy & has deep head wings with EPS foam ... I like that it can be backless for travel (although, this is with the idea that all our rentals have had shoulder belt in the middle rear seat -- I wouldn't like it much outboard, at least not without side curtain airbags).

scatterbunny

I tried Hayley in the Compass the other day, and when it's adjusted to the top position, she only has about two inches of torso growth before she's too tall. I wish they would redesign it and allow it to adjust taller! It is supposed to accommodate kids to 57", like the Turbo Booster...but it does not adjust nearly as tall. Hayley is not quite 46". I love the padding, flip-up armrests and portability, though.

My favorite booster is the Britax Parkway. I think it is a good package of relative value, safety, ease of use and comfort.

dvmroth

Overall, my favorite is the parkway. We just received our recaro style and I really like it (my son Loves it) but the belt path for the lap belt & buckle are a bit different from other boosters, adult buckling may be required. The turbobooster is fine but doesn't have SIP and the backrest and the seat will frequently flop apart. If you are going to be carpooling a lot and having other adults who are not well versed in proper fit of a booster handling your child's booster seat you may want to think seriously about the recaro style --the backrest and seat do not come apart (same with parkway -- this combats the "flop apart" factor of the turbobooster). The other main factor is that the headrest is adjusted from under the cover. I found that adults would pick up the parkway from the top handle (which also serves as the adjuster) and my son would come home with the side wings either jamming his body down into the seat or about a foot over his head--which clearly makes a poor fit for the seatbelt. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC