Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Will a Marathon fit in a Nissan Frontier? was Re: I wanted to like the Frontier..

We are looking to buy a Frontier with 4 doors. Can a Britax Marathon seat fit in the back seat? Just curious! Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Will a Marathon fit in a Nissan Frontier? was Re: I wanted to like the Frontier..

Hi, I moved your post to a new thread because I think you're asking about a 4-door Nissan Frontier, and the thread you originally posted to is about a Britax carseat called the Frontier, two different things with the same model name.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Will a Marathon fit in a Nissan Frontier? was Re: I wanted to like the Frontier..

Nissan has an online child restraint fit guide for various Nissan models at http://www.nissanusa.com/snugkids/ It might give you some leads on seats that are compatible in the Frontier. Unfortunately, I don't see the Britax Marathon listed in the guide for the Frontier Crew Cab or King Cab versions. You could also try out any carseat(s) you might already own in the Frontier when you test drive the vehicle to see if you can achieve a successful installation.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

My dad drives a 4 door Nissan Frontier crew cab. It has a full size back seat. The Marathon fits great both RF and FF. For rear-facing, if you need the 45* recline (for a young infant/newborn), it would likely need to go in the middle to give the front legroom. We started putting my little one in that truck at about a year, so her seat was fairly upright and can go behind either the driver or passenger.
    Hope that helps! sorry I don't have any pictures.
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid