Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Lucy'sMom

Middle seat installation

Hi, this is my first post here. I have a Mazda Tribute (pretty much the same car as a Ford Escape) and my husband has a Civic. We are putting our new Fisher Price Safe Voyage RF in my car and another FPSV in my husband's car. I was wondering if anyone knows if we can install these using one bar from each side for LATCH, or if we should use a seatbelt? TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Middle seat installation

Honda does not allow sharing of anchors. Mazda allows it if the child restraint manufacture allows it. Someone will chime in as to whether or not FPSVD allows nonstandard LATCH spacing. Remember, also, that Honda lower anchors can only be used until 40 pounds and Mazda can be used to 48 pounds.

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Re: Middle seat installation

The FPSVD does allow non-standard LATCH spacing.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.