I'm getting my Seat Checked!

Mommy2Marcus

I got my Marathon checked while in Alabama, so I know I am installing it right. I just called my local Police Department & they have 2 Certified Techs that work there. I asked the Fire Department men when I seen then in the grocery store & they said that was the Police Deparment. So I called & found out when they work. They work from 6-2. So I am thinking I may go up there tomorrow to have my Scenera checked.

I am however kindof leary as I am figuring I will be told I can turn my DS around. I will not turn him just b/c they say I can or if they urge me to. I just simply want to make sure my seat is properly installed. I also remember when I got my Marathon checked they over reclined my seat. It was probably a little over 45 degrees & it was weird to put my DS back in. I just dont want to be told that my DS is unsafe. What do I do if they insist he must be FF? I have information in my diaper bag...should I just give them that? What would you do if you were told they HAVE to be FF at this point??

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just tell them no thank you. The seat is good to 35 pounds rearfacing, and that's how I'd like to keep it.

I can't help but think you're going to come back complaining about how little they know compared to you, though...that's how most boardies feel at seat checks ;)

Misty-Bug

guess I am a mean person cause I don't trust my local department. I would go see nicole before them! And she is quite a drive for me. Our locals told my friend to have the carseat handle in the C position on a Graco seat and in the MANUAL it specifically says not to use that. I am just hesitant myself. I was told when I become a tech I can volunteer there and I was like OH YEAH!!

Mommy2Marcus

Yeah...I do have a feeling I will come back complaining about how little they do know. That is one reason I am worried about going. I am thinking I will be teaching them a thing or two! Also thanks for the advice on what to tell them. I will use that if they try to get me to turn him!

christineka

I plan to pull out the manual in case anyone questions my 3 year old rfing. It says in the scenera manual that kids can rear face to 35 pounds and 36 inches. Dd is 34.75 inches and 27 pounds. She's well within the limits of the seat.

Christine

Mama!

I'd be excited to preach "best practice" to a misguided tech. Just to leave them speechless. And tell them how disappointed I was that they were encouraging RF before the limit of the seat. But that's just me. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC