Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    safedriving

Cool online car seat store

I have decided to buy the Britax Regent in cougar for my 4 year old based on the positive reviews. The only store I found that has the carseat carries the onyx not cougar. So I have to resort to online store. I don't like shopping online because you can never tell if it is delivered on time and if the product comes undamaged or with all the parts. Just wonder based on experience which online store is more reliable in sending the car seat on time and not damaged. I have narrowed down to elitecarseat and albeebaby.

Also interested in the sunshine kids radian, but it is so new and I could not find a store that carries it, I opt for the Regent for the quality I can trust on Britax ( even though it is more expensive).

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar
    Moved from the reviews forum, because this is not a review. You'll get more responses here.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Unregistered
    I have bought two carseats from Albee, A Husky and a Wizard. They have been excellent. The Wizard apparently 'fell off the truck' according to the UPS tracking system. I saw this when I checked to see when the seat was due. By the time I contacted Albee they already had another seat in the mail and it came through just fine.
    I too am leary of ordering from 'just anyone' but feel the cost differential makes it worth dealing with a company I've 'heard' others have good dealings with.
    I have also used TravelingTikes to buy a carseat.
    Good Luck,
    We like the cougar too but don't yet have that pattern. So far we are strict 'Funky Denim' for athe cotton comfort.
    C.
    P.S. As far as 'damage' I think it will be the carriers not the company you use that impacts how your seat is handled. They are all shipped out the same. Carseat in bag in box, no padding or any extras!

Unregistered
    Do you have a Target near you? Target's website has the Regent, and if you get it and don't like it or have a problem, they will take it back at the store instead of making you ship it back. We were going to get the Regent, and that was the route we were going to go since we hadn't actually been able to see one in person before. That way if it was too big, or we just didn't like it, we could just take it to the store.

I ordered my son's Britax Marathon from albeebaby.com...it arrived in less that a week and was perfect.
    Mom to P (9), J (almost 8), & E (2.5)

CPS Fanatic
    I got our Husky from Albee, but off of Ebay. Mine came quickly and in perfect condition.
    Kelly, mom to Aaric (7.5 and 65 lbs), Mikayla (6 and 52 lbs), and Xander (20 mo and 25 lbs)
    No more Huskies due to a wreck...
    Xander's in a MA, Mikayla in a GN, Aaric is temporarily in the pink Vivo...
    Graco SS1 due to come out of retirement in Jan 09

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I ordered a decathlon online and it came in a very damaged box and the seat was slightly broken (the eps had split on one side) and i looked like there was a slight crack on off of the reinforcement pieces.

It came fedex (which i've never been a big fan of) and even though i dont think it was the companies fault i called them and they sent me a new one as soon as they got a tracking number for the broken one. The new one is coming Monday (they offered rush shipping but as i dont need it right away i refused.)

Elitecarseats.com has been reliable a few times for me, but expensive ... last time I ordered online it was from RecaroChildSeats.com & that was great (although expensive as well) -- I feel really out of the loop as far as good online deals go
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}