Question re: Installing Marathon in 2005 Odyssey

U

Unregistered

I have a question about how to properly install a Britax Marathon (rear-facing) in a 2005 Honda Odyssey. More specifically, how/where exactly do I tether it...or do I tether it at all? Also, can I simply install it directly on the seat, or do I need to raise it with a noodle or towel? I can't seem to get a definitive answer from Britax or from Honda...and the police station I visited wasn't sure either. Does anyone know? Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have a similar Wizard installed behind the passenger seat in a 2006 Odyssey. I did not use a noodle or towel. Mine is more upright than 45 degrees. That would not be appropriate for a newborn or young baby, but ours is 9 months and upright is a little safer once they are old enough to support their head well.

I looped the Britax D-ring strap around the metal seatbelt stalk for the front passenger seat. Then I attached the versa tether for rear facing use. There really didn't seem to be many better options in the new Odyssey.

Also:

http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC