My yard sale find

RJB78

CPST Instructor
I was passing by a yard sale today and saw this sitting up front. Sightseer DOM 11/03.

DSC03754.jpg

I stopped to buy it. I asked the lady if she had any other seats. She brought them out.

The first one (DOM 8/02) she said she hadn't threaded the straps back through after cleaning the cover. I said I didn't care. :p

DSC03755.jpg

This one was DOM 8/00.

DSC03756.jpg

She charged me $14 for 3 seats. Dh is irked because we're trying to save money. :rolleyes: I knew he would be but I couldn't help myself. :eek:

ADS

RJB78

CPST Instructor
I WISH it were that easy Misty! He says that now I'm "perpetuating" it, because if she ever gets any more seats, she will try to sell them, too, because the others sold so easily. :rolleyes:

Misty-Bug

haha
but IF she does get more seats they will be newer and if they sell it will be newer seats selling....
lol
I say good for you!

cpsaddict

I love that the cover on the third one is from an ancient Century swing. You can see where the waist straps should go. There are no holes for shoulder straps. Sweet. LOL!

Marinesfamily5

OMG :eek: that last one made me cringe....

my grandma used to work with rehab centers in hemet and they got alot of donations... almost all the car seats were like those. lots of expired and recalled seats out there.
I know you DH is ticked but tell him its good Karma ;)

gbpmama

I about said that third seat, that could NOT be the mfg cover, lol!

Would it be .. rude .. to hand these people a short letter stating how seats expire, etc.? I'd be tempted.

TerisBoys

I agree - I would've left the first one (provided the seller knew the history).

The AO - no. It expires too soon for my liking. And that infant seat - YIKES.

indigoblossom

i see your point and all those commending you but also DH's.

i might have been more upfront, but not confrontational, and told her i would buy them only to prevent others from using them. or maybe explained to her nicely that one of them should be destroyed because it was definitely a hazard due to its DOM. i don't know, though...i'm pretty direct and wouldn't spend money to prove a point unless the point was well known.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC