Century 4200 T-Shield, 1984

classicseats

Back to vinyl. Here is a Century 4200 with the Trav-L-Shield, 1984. The shield isn't light! It's a soft rubbery thing. This one has an FAA approval tag on it. Probably the first seat I ever saw one on. Oh, I'm not planning on using this seat! They are for display purposes only. That is the disclaimer.

Last edited:
ADS

courtfrog2

out of curiousity... what is the weight limit on this? Also... is it rear facing and forward facing?

How come you aren't going to use it... LOL. Looks safe. :D

classicseats

out of curiousity... what is the weight limit on this? Also... is it rear facing and forward facing?

How come you aren't going to use it... LOL. Looks safe. :D

8 to 42 pounds. Yes it rear faces and if I remember correctly, 20 pound rear facing. I was told about not using the last seat I posted?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
8 to 42 pounds. Yes it rear faces and if I remember correctly, 20 pound rear facing.

Wow, I can't imagine putting an 8-lb baby in this seat.

Well, yes, I can imagine it. I imagine the t-shield coming up to at least the chin! :eek::thumbsdown:

courtfrog2

8 to 42 pounds. Yes it rear faces and if I remember correctly, 20 pound rear facing. I was told about not using the last seat I posted?

I know... I saw that post. I about died laughing so hard!

I think you should take some pictures of kids in these seats. I'll ship mine to you for models. LOL

TerisBoys

My littlest can go along with Courtney's duo.

He'll definately point out if something doesn't suit :)

Mama!

You need to buy some really big baby dolls at yarsales and snap them in for us to see. :ROTFLMAO:

we have a baby doll here that is a whopper for a doll. Its about the size of a very heavy 5 month old kid and it would be a great tester for your seats:whistle:

classicseats

You need to buy some really big baby dolls at yarsales and snap them in for us to see. :ROTFLMAO:

we have a baby doll here that is a whopper for a doll. Its about the size of a very heavy 5 month old kid and it would be a great tester for your seats:whistle:

Car seats are bad enough, but I have to draw the line at playing with dolls!

jdubsm

The younger ones here probably don't remember that most cars had vinyl seats back in the day.

I wish I was one of the younger ones. :) I remember the vinyl seats all too well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC