looky what I saved from beig sold at a rummage sale!!

mamabear

This was a fundraising event for my DD's preschool.
I specifically asked that carseats not be donated for this reason

I almost didn't post these in fear the old owner may see this and be embarrassed, but then I realized if she came to these boards she would have known better, so here you go!!!

evenflo3.jpg

evenflo2.jpg

evenflo1.jpg

CIRCA 1994!!!

ADS

mamabear

I had to throw it over the fence when no one was looking and get it later because another mom at the preschool kept arguing with me "that we could at least get $5 for it"!!:rolleyes:

BW1426

Great, just make it cheaper. Then it becomes even more appetizing :doh:

So, I must say I laughed out loud at the idea of you chucking this carseat over a fence. I'm sure it didn't happen quite as dramatically as I am envisioning it, but I'm enjoying the thought.

PixieEMT

OMG we just chopped one like that up this week! A RN from the local hospital wanted me to look at her seat for her infant grandson when he visits, and that is what she brought me to look at!

See bought a new Scenera a Walmart.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have to OHS version of that, actually two. One in perfect condition with manual and evertything. It was DH's find at a car seat clinic, from a grandma.

emandbri

I'm loving seeing all these old seats! I had a bit of a collection, none as old as these, but had to destroy them when we moved to Omaha, didn't have room to store them. My oldest was a fisher price t-shield.

BabyKaykes

Looks like an old Evenflo seat...

What scares me is the harness...Is it just me or does it appear to have been replaced? It just looks so new compared to the rest of the seat!

lilmama2dsndd

There is a mom on my local CL trying to sell a Britax Freeway for $30, they stopped making those in 2001, I emailed her to let her know it was expired and the potentional dangers of expired seats but she never responded and the ad is still up. I wish I had the money, I would buy it just so I could destroy it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/bab/671391201.html

Stretchy Glue

You know, the picture makes it look like the lower portion of the harness is not routed around the plastic under the seat, but rather just under the padding. Either that or it's threaded incorrectly. It just doesn't look right.

U

Unregistered1

Oh goody, not only is it an expired seat with a crappy harness, it's also been thrown around by airline baggage handlers (well, and now tossed over a fence, LMBO) GREAT deal for five bucks :rolleyes:

ZephyrBlue

I'm LOL over here at the visual of someone sneakily chucking a car seat over a fence!!

That seat is a winner, for sure!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC