Frontier Questions

U

Unregistered

I'm looking at getting a Frontier for my daughter who will be three in August and I have some questions.

-Is it true that it has a 9 year expiration?

-Does the tether have to be used? We drive a 2000 Alero and we don't have the LATCH system. Can we take it to a dealer to get tether anchor things installed? How much does that cost?

-Will the seat depth be comfortable for a long torsed/short legged 37" child?

-Does anyone have any idea what month the fall Britax sale usually takes place?

THANKS!!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I believe it's a 9 year expiration for the Frontier. The online manual can clarify the expiration for you at http://www.britaxusa.com/support/userguides.aspx

The Frontier requires the use of the top tether in harnessed mode for kids weighing 65 lbs. and up. If your Oldsmobile Alero does not have top tether anchors (the "T" in the LATCH acronym, which stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), one or more can probably be retrofitted through a GM dealership's service department. Lower anchors cannot be retrofitted. The first tether anchor retrofit should be free according to GM technical service bulletin number 99-09-4-004, dated Jan. 2000. According to the LATCH manual, the specific GM retrofit tether anchor part numbers aren't listed in the LATCH manual because the part numbers change frequently, but the GM dealership service department should have the current part information. It's also possible that your 2000 model year Alero already has factory equipped top tether anchors because many car manufacturers were phasing them in during the 2000 model year. The tether anchors would be located on the rear filler panel/package shelf behind the back seat if you want to double check to see if you do have them. :)

I'll let others with Frontiers or who have tried their child in one for size chime in about the seat depth and fit for you.

The Britax fall sales have been in late September in the past couple of years.

zactayaus

Yes it has a 9yr expiration.

Not sure if the tether has to be used or not but I don't think so and I don't know how much that will cost to have it installed.

I'm wondering the same thing about the seat depth for my short legged 41in 5yo.

I believe the Britax sale will be in Sept.

I ordered one last week. It's on back order until the 15th.

VLsMom

I don't know how long her legs are, but my 2 1/2 yr old has so much leg support in it only her feet are hanging off the end of the car seat. The bite of the carseat where the child's rear end is seems to be deeper and that part of their body sits lower. The leg support portion of the seat is curved slightly upwards - which seems to be really cozy and comfy. I don't know how a 5 yr old would fit. Pics are on my thread (which you may have already seen) here:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=44983

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC