Pics of Pink Britax Frontier and comparison size to Cosco Scenera

VLsMom

DOM is 4-16-08.

I measured the top slot height on the Frontier and I got 18.25-18.5" - depending on how hard I smashed the bottom of the seat cushion. Since my daughter is 2.5 and 30 pounds, I didn't really explore the options for booster mode. I love the pink against the black harness! She loves the armrests and the two cupholders.

Here are some comparison pics of the Frontier and the Scenera. Keep in mind the recline block was set on the Frontier so it was leaning back quite a bit - and the bottom of the seat is actually quite lower down in the pic than it looks like. There are an extra 4-4.5" inches of harnessing room above the top slot on the Scenera.

I got an awesome, rock-solid install using TWO METHODS. I first tried the long belt path (just because I was excited I had learned how to do it! haha) and got a solid install. Then I tried the short belt path. That was probably the loosest of the 3, but still an acceptable install (just a little tiny bit jiggly as best as I could tighten the belt), and LATCH was a breeze. There are two pull straps - one for each side. I connected the latch strap to the anchors, put the pull straps up through the belt path and through the slits in the covers so they were sticking out the front, and pulled at the same time and it got solid right away. Almost like my KeyFit! Well, not quite as easy, but the two pull straps made it much easier.

The issue with the belt path on the Frontier (at least how I could see it becoming a problem) is that the openings to the belt path are close together behind the seat. If there was a really long belt stalk, that would be a big problem. The belt stalk in our car (its a 2007 Audi A4) is tucked in so low and almost level to the seat and can't be pulled up any further, so that is probably why the seatbelt installation was so easy. I could buckle the seatbelt, manipulate the lap portion of the belt really easily, put my weight on the seat, and pull more and more slack until it was tight and snug. I tried the LATCH install last, so I just left it installed that way. The LATCH clips are practically invisible while installed - they are so far behind the seat.

Anyway, enough rambling. I LOVE it! I installed it while my daughter was sleeping, so I don't have pics of her in it yet. Before installing it inside the house, I set the correct harness height before installing it to slightly above her shoulders. I think she's going to love sleeping using the headwings as a headrest too.

Picture of the Frontier on its lowest harness setting vs the Scenera:

DSC01479.jpg

Picture of the Frontier on its highest harness setting vs the Scenera:

DSC01480.jpg

A pic of my belt stalk - way low down:

DSC01485.jpg

Front View - installed using LONG BELT PATH:

DSC01481.jpg

Side View - LBP again:

DSC01482.jpg

Installation with LATCH - front view with no flash - actual color. Its a pretty pink. Not bright and flashy, but classy and not pale:

DSC01483.jpg

I hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
ADS

catsmom

Awesome!

This is probably going to be my next seat in my '06 Audi A3 but my daughter is only 14 months old so I have a while to go yet. Glad to know that it's an easy install though!

fyrfightermomma

Hi there. Ijust ordered this for my oldest but its backordered until 5/16. Anyways, I asked a few people on here and no one gave a real clear answer. So once you get your child in the seat, can you see how far it pushes her head forward?? We had a BLVD and my daughter hated it, even rear facing.

She is used to rear facing so I am afraid enough of her comfort turning her FF this summer and I just dont want the head wings to add to that!

Thanks

arly1983

Hi there. Ijust ordered this for my oldest but its backordered until 5/16. Anyways, I asked a few people on here and no one gave a real clear answer. So once you get your child in the seat, can you see how far it pushes her head forward?? We had a BLVD and my daughter hated it, even rear facing.

She is used to rear facing so I am afraid enough of her comfort turning her FF this summer and I just dont want the head wings to add to that!

Thanks

This is exactly what I would like to know. :thumbsup:

VLsMom

I actually asked this same question on the board somewhere else and didn't get an answer. I was concerned about it too.

I will try her out in the seat and take some more pics and see if she'll lean her head to the side for me. She's awake now...and so far, she's really excited about the seat so I'm sure she'll cooperate and let me take pics.

The recline block makes the seat recline a bit in harness mode, which I was really glad to see. It gave me more confidence that when she does fall asleep, she'll be laying back just enough so her head will go to the side and not flop forwards. Only time (and a long sleepy car ride) will tell. When in booster mode, the seat will sit more upright. I'll go take more pics, gladly!

VLsMom

The answer is NO. The headwings don't push her head forward AT ALL. It looks light it might based on the pictures - because the headwings are bent more than the shell of the seat.

The inside area of the headwings is really deep. Now that I look at her in the pictures, I think I might need to put the harness one notch down so her head is more centered inbetween the wings. The ones she's sitting in now are still above her shoulders enough where she could use one notch lower I think.

Anyway....here are the pics. I hope they help. The inside of the shell of the carseat is flush with the inside of the headrest. It doesn't push her head forward at all. She leaned her head side to side and it seems like she would fall asleep very comfortably in it!

Plenty of leg support. She seemed giddy about that fact and kept widdling her legs around as if it was comfy.

DSC01488.jpg

Side view to show the recline:

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OMG, your kiddo is so cute?

Oh, that's not a question, I just felt compelled to say it that way :whistle:

Man, I WANT one of these seats <green with envy>.

VLsMom

Jools - I was going to ask if you thought the headwings should go down one notch to fit better around her head. I think the harness would still be at or above her shoulders. I have to uninstall the seat to change it because the adjuster is at the back of the seat.

HEVY

Your dd is real cute. Do ya just love that seat? she looks like she does. I never knew the Scenara was so high. Great pics.

Mama!

very nice!! I like the color too.

I keep debating on selling all our seats once DS is FF for good, and buying 2 Frontiers. A pink and a beige...mmmm.

firemomof3

Thanks for posting those pictures, it looks like the Frontier offers great leg support which is good to know :thumbsup:

Shaunam

You guys need to stop posting pics because I'm starting to want one! Aaahhh!!!

No seriously, those are great pics. I'm loving the TSIP. The regent is fine for my DS, but I think that seat would be so much more comfier. DH would kill me I think. :whistle:

VLsMom

Your dd is real cute. Do ya just love that seat? she looks like she does. I never knew the Scenara was so high. Great pics.

Yes, I do love it!! I never knew the Scenera was so tall either.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

-Maria

steph

Is the Audi not the easiest car ever to install seats? I use to get my Keyfit and BV installed in my A4 in seconds!!!!

It doesn't seem like there will be the same issues with the Frontier as the BV with the headwings, does it?

VLsMom

Is the Audi not the easiest car ever to install seats? I use to get my Keyfit and BV installed in my A4 in seconds!!!!

It doesn't seem like there will be the same issues with the Frontier as the BV with the headwings, does it?

Yes - the Audi is a dream - every single seat I've installed in it are always so easy. With the exception of the Scenera RFing. I couldn't get it reclined enough without toying with rolled towels and noodles...but I got it eventually. :)

fyrfightermomma

:) Thanks so much! I can't wait to get mine. I was a little worried about the pink, but now that I saw what it looks like in your pics, I am very excited!!

VLsMom

Eviesmomma - you are welcome! :)

Steph - I've never seen a BV in person, so I don't know how those compare to the headwings in the Frontier. I don't see this being an issue though. I hope you like it too.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, missed the question...I'm not sure how it'll fit down a notch, I was distracted by cute kiddo-ness, lol. Looks like maybe it could go down, but if it were too high I'm sure I'd have noticed, really. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC