I've got my pink FRONTIER installed! (with pics)

mamabear

So it only took me about 25 minutes to get it set up and installed (thanks to pre- reading the manual online like 3 times already)

We have a 2006 CRV, and I used the Long belt path.

I kind of thought I'd have to do it that way, but tried the Short belt path first just to see, and it was a no go. I know someone on here got theirs in tight that way, but I just couldn't make it work, and I was totally laughing while I was doing it because that belt path is truly ridiculous!!

DD is 5yrs 3moths old , 45" and 45lbs, approx 16" torso. the straps are on the highest setting.

It's in pretty tight. not 100% rock solid, but no measurable movement at the belt path.

she's got plenty of leg room (and she's got long legs!!)

And the front edge of the Frontier *just barley* hangs off the vehicle seat, but not enough to bother me!

(don't mind the Curios George book over her face, it's the only way she'd take the pic)

Last edited:
ADS

mamabear

the one thing that bothers me is :

1.the seatbelt buckle touches so close to the seat, and I worry that she might unbuckle it by accident.

2.there seems to be some stress marks on the plastic on the side but I guess it came that way??......

mamabear

Looks great! I think the harness could be adjusted down a notch or two, though...?

I think I might try to adjust the harness down a notch.

When I tried her on the second highest setting *before* I had it installed her shoulders were above, but maybe will not be now that it's installed.....

arly1983

I think I might try to adjust the harness down a notch.

When I tried her on the second highest setting *before* I had it installed her shoulders were above, but maybe will not be now that it's installed.....

Forgive me Jools, I was wrong:sarcasitc-bow:

So the increments in the harness are that big..hmmmm...

mamabear

OK I adjusted her down a notch (luckily didn't have to un-install it, I was able to just loosen the tether and reach my hand between the vehicle's seat and pull the lever, and it pop-ed down one).

Now she's right at where she was in her MA on it's highest setting. She has about 1" before she's even/just over the slots. then I can still move her up one more:thumbsup:

We just took her on a test drive and she:love: it!

Another thing I just noticed is the cupholders sort of open up a little once installed, but not all the way. just like 1/4".

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's SO hard to tell how a kid will fit when out of the car... nifty cool she has so much growing room :thumbsup:

I'm going to make Leah sit stock straight upright from now on in the car so I have an excuse to buy one of these in a few weeks when she grows out of her Roundabout, lol.

Oh, how's the harness adjuster when it's installed with a kiddo sitting in the seat? Smooth, I hope...?

mamabear

Oh, how's the harness adjuster when it's installed with a kiddo sitting in the seat? Smooth, I hope...?

smoother than my MA, but not as smooth as my RA (maybe because we've adjusted that a million times already:p)

BTW there is a TON of length on that harness adjuster, the strap hangs down to the floor, it would accommodate a pretty big kid!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Yeah! I have mine ordered. My dd's stats are pretty similar to yours! I don't think this seat will give her a ton of time harnessed but at least another year or so.

carseatfreak

You've had about the same experience as I have with mine. I am going to get it officially checked today so I'll give you guys updates afterwards. We moved from a MA so the install was not as tight as that...but I think it's acceptable (that's why I'm getting it checked though)!

I also have the same scuff mark looking spots on both of the Frontier's I've had.

Congrats!!

mamabear

You've had about the same experience as I have with mine. I am going to get it officially checked today so I'll give you guys updates afterwards. We moved from a MA so the install was not as tight as that...but I think it's acceptable (that's why I'm getting it checked though)!

I also have the same scuff mark looking spots on both of the Frontier's I've had.

Congrats!!

glad to hear I'm not the only one with those "marks" on the side, I guess it's normal.

I'm happy with my install. It's just about rock solid. I can't tell any movement at the belt path, but it seems slightly not as tight as I could get my MA ( I used to be able to shake the car when checking the install), maybe something to do with it being so much taller.

Let us know how it goes!:)

loufrando

Do you think you could fit another seat side by side with it in the CR-V? Could you possibly take a straight on picture (looking from the front seat) so I can see how it fits in the backseat? :thanx!:

I have an '04 and a Regent and I'm considering selling it for something narrower and I have it down to Frontier, Nautilus or Radian. I know the Radian would work for width, but I'd prefer to get either the Frontier or Nautilus if they are narrow enough since my dd is almost 5 already.

mamabear

I'll try to post a pic.
I don't think I can put a carseat right next to it (In the middle) in my car because it has one of those weird 2 point seat belts, and I don't think I can borrow LATCH (although I've never tried because both my kids ride outboard) I don't know if this is helping you but I'll try to get a picture on tonight after my DD's fall asleep.

mamabear

OK so I had a few minutes, DH took the kids on a bike ride:

Disclamer:
First, I want to clarify that, yes, that is an aftermarket cover on the RA in the photos.
I bought it before I found these boards and learned it was a no no. I took it off since then but DD had a potty accident in her seat a couple of days ago and we needed to go somewhere so I put it on in a pinch. I am fully aware of the safety hazards of aftermarket products and wanted to add that this cover is no more thick or padded that a regular Britax, and the only noticlable difference may be the flame retardant issue. Besides, the RA is being retired tomorrow and I will install the MA DD1 just grew out of in it's place.;)

Hope these pics are helpfull.

I don't think a person could comfortably fit between the 2 seats, let alone another carseat (not sure if that's what you were asking)

I measured about 15" between the 2

As you can see the Frontier pushed the female end of the seatbelt buckle out a little, so it really takes up the whole side of the backseat.

carseatspace1.jpg

carseatspace2.jpg

carseatspace3.jpg

carseatspace4.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC