Swedish cars

ADS

Adventuredad

You may see it as bragging, I call it life experience. You seemed to question what I was saying about child safety so I wanted to mention that I've been around the block and seen a thing or two. The Swedish crap might be annoying but I think the safety record speaks for itself. Hopefully we'll have a drink together at some point (Europe, New Zealand, Sweden, US?) and you'll find out that I don't brag.

See that's what I mean, a lot of bragging ;) "I've been here, I've done this, I speak this many languages, we raise our kids this way". LOL not that there's anything wrong with it but when you work those kinds of things into virtually every post you make you can come across "superior". Don't worry I still like you though and I think most of us definitely appreciate your input and advice, I know I do!

Ugh tell me about it, don't even get me started! :rolleyes: At one point in time *they* tried to make it so that my country would only sell/use Australian car seats too, because they're so much safer and better of course! Thankfully that never happened therefore we can use most seats from all over the world legally, such as swedish seats! I think it's nice for parents to have all those seats available to them to make their own decisions.

Adventuredad

let's see... 198 posts in 17 days. 365/17*198=4251 posts annually, predicted based on current rate. you're right up there with me, pops! :thumbsup: :cool!:

but seriously, this thread has derailed faster than a swed... oops... i'm sure swedish trains don't derail ;)... that wouldn't be safe... this thread has derailed faster than a boston subway train! ;) sorry to the OP for straying so far off topic... back to our regular programming...

Don't you have anything better to do than this board:D:thumbsup:? So I will catch up to your post count in about..... 2013?:D I will get banned way before then......

CRS

Senior Community Member
You may see it as bragging, I call it life experience. You seemed to question what I was saying about child safety so I wanted to mention that I've been around the block and seen a thing or two. The Swedish crap might be annoying but I think the safety record speaks for itself.

I don't think you really understand what I was trying to say... In a matter of words what I was trying to say is that you sound really cocky - does that make sense? LOL. Yes, you're right, it is definitely life experience and I wasn't questioning what you were saying about child safety in this thread I was commenting on the tone of your posts and that tone reeks of superiority. Look I'm not jealous or anything ;) But it gets annoying when someone talks about how smart they are or how great their country is. I just want to clarify though I don't have a *problem* with you as such and I do enjoy your posts for the most part! Just saying, is all :)

I'll leave it there though, no use beating a dead horse and I think the original posters question has been answered! :love:

Adventuredad

I disagree but get the point. I'm annoying, let's leave this subject.

Have a nice week

I don't think you really understand what I was trying to say... In a matter of words what I was trying to say is that you sound really cocky - does that make sense? LOL. Yes, you're right, it is definitely life experience and I wasn't questioning what you were saying about child safety in this thread I was commenting on the tone of your posts and that tone reeks of superiority. Look I'm not jealous or anything ;) But it gets annoying when someone talks about how smart they are or how great their country is. I just want to clarify though I don't have a *problem* with you as such and I do enjoy your posts for the most part! Just saying, is all :)

I'll leave it there though, no use beating a dead horse and I think the original posters question has been answered! :love:

Last edited:

BW1426

AdventureDad adds a different point of view to this board. They have different laws. That's not his fault. I agree, all of our car safety laws should be more like Swedens. If he just sat here and said "Sweden is different" that wouldn't be interesting. He's not telling us that we're a bunch of dumb a$$es that don't know how to restrain children, he's just pointing out that the laws differ and that Sweden is ahead of the times regarding this (duh, though, that's a fact).

Quite frankly, if you want to get on the subject of cocky I think there are a great handful of members that full under that classification. I know there were some people upset over AdventureDad posting responses to people, which I agree can be problematic as newer members can be confused enough about carseat usage. But, I think that his additions are meaninful and give us new insight as to how we could begin to push for new laws. And, what's better than having the Swedish data to back us up. I also think AdventureDad has a really neat position as he has been to so many different parts of the world. For one person to have such a multicultural view of car safety really puts it into perspective and not only shows us how far we have come, but how far we can go as well.

I :love: Sweden: AdventureDad, Volvo, ERF, Ikea, Stokke, Baby Bjorn (I hate their carriers, but every thing else is awesome) and their health care system.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC