What seats are made in the USA?...

ADS

aisraeltax

Britax is made in the USA
True Fit is made in China. i didnt know that until i got the boxes and a big "MIC" on the box. :(

pastrygirl

I didn't know that Britax was made in the US! A lot of people are trying to avoid stuff made in China and are willing to pay more for something made in the US (myself included). IMO, this is another good reason to buy Britax. :thumbsup: I'll have to remember that the next time someone says that Britax is overpriced for no good reason.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm pretty sure the harness on my Husky was made in Mexico. Lemme check...

The harnesses and harness adjuster straps on both the Husky and Marathon I have just say "Immi" but the LATCH strap on the Husky says "Immi - assembled in Mexico" (along with some other numbers & such, including manufacture dates.)

Where does it say on the carseat where it's made? I checked the Flex-Loc and couldn't find anything on it about where it was made.

Isn't SafeGuard made in the U.S., too?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The DOM label usually has the manufacturing location on it, too. I think it's required to be on the label if I'm remembering the FMVSS labeling requirements correctly.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The DOM label usually has the manufacturing location on it, too. I think it's required to be on the label if I'm remembering the FMVSS labeling requirements correctly.

Hm... that's where I looked for it on the Flex-Loc (and every other sticker and bit of the shell I could find)... nope, I just double-checked. No location on the DOM sticker. :thumbsdown:

Jeanum

Staff member
I wish I could remember what the manufacturing location was on our old Baby Trend Latch Loc but it's long gone. I'll try to check on our Safeguard Go once I get DD2 NAKed and settled down to sleep.

Jeanum

Staff member
I'm back after checking on our Safeguard Go. It was made in Westfield, Indiana and has a Dec. '06 DOM. It's the original version of the Go, not the newer "Hybrid" Go model.

crunchierthanthou

I think most Britax webbing components are made by IMMI in Mexico. The harness, tether and LATCH connectors on both of my Britax seats were and I've read other posts to the same effect.

My Graco SR is made in USA, as is my Scenera. However, both have international components. Dorel has a plant in Indiana.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC