Need advise on emergency seats

BabyKaykes

Beginning in June, I will be on my own with my son. I no longer have a car and I am due in October with #2. I will be living in the Oakland, CA area.

I have already sold all of my son's seats except the Uptown. I also have a Compass I410 for the baby. Until I can get a new car, BART/bus will be our method of transportation.

I am back to looking into becoming a nanny and have a very close aunt up there with sons my DS's age. I will most likely keep the Compass and the Uptown in my aunt's car (MDX). I was thinking of looking into a RSTV as my son's emergency seat, to keep in his diaper bag in case I need it. Is that an ok choice? He's 30lb fully clothed and 35". He's still RF but this would just be an emergency seat until I get a car.

And what about the baby? It wouldn't be such a big deal if the Compass didn't require the base, but it does. I originally bought the i420 because my 1st son was really small at full term, but this baby is growing big FAST! Would it be smarter if I just chucked the Compass and got a seat that can be installed without the base?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would get something other than the Compass. If you're looking at being a while w/out a car, the SS1 would last a long time and could be used easily as a travel system and no base.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have a Snugride you can have (2005) if you want it. I'll be moving back to the Oakland area myself in June.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC