Does the rf tether need to be tight?

steph

Let me clarify first.

Ryan had been riding in a britax BV full time and because of the headwings (and wanting him to not have too much head slump) I always pulled the tether tight to get more of a recline. He never seemed like he was laying to far back or tried to sit up some.

Well I got my new MA on Friday and put it in and pulled the tether like on the BV. After our first car ride in it I noticed Ryan trying to lean forward to see some (so he was too reclined). I loosened the tether but now it has some slight slack, is that okay? Does it need to be taught (or not have any slack)?

TIA

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Mine is not pulled tight. There isn't slack, but its not like tight as in you'd do the LATCH part tight. LOL. No idea if I explained that right or not. I think the PP had a good way of explaining it. You shouldn't be able to play guitar on it :)

steph

I'll try to take a better pic if you can't see it but the in the one in my siggy it is "loosened", it doesn't seem too bad does it?

brightredmtn

I spoke with Britax a few weeks ago and you aren't supposed to use the tether to adjust the RFing angle. So with that knowledge, I wouldn't think they want it to be terribly tight.

brightredmtn

I always thought you could use the tether to help with the recline:confused:

Britax said no and even in my manual it says to use a towel or pool noodle to help with the recline.

I think you can a bit, because without even trying just by installing the tether rear facing it's going to affect the recline a little.

steph

Britax said no and even in my manual it says to use a towel or pool noodle to help with the recline.

I think you can a bit, because without even trying just by installing the tether rear facing it's going to affect the recline a little.

Hmmm interesting. I'm not doubting you at all but I'm going to start a new thread to hear what some of the techs have to say because I was told to use the tether to adjust the angle, I don't want you to think I don't believe you;)!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC