Britax Frontier or Regent ?

Coreyle

This is my first time posting here but I have spent hours searching the forums trying to make an informed decision. At this point my eyes are crossed and I dont know what to do.:eek:

I was all set to order the Frontier but now I am wondering if I should get the Regent. Any help or someone to make the decision for me would be great! :love:

My daughter is super tall and skinny. She is 3 1/2, 43 inches tall, and only 31 pounds. I want to keep her in a 5 point harness as long as possible so I am a tad worried about her height.

We have a Volvo S80 and a new Ford Explorer. She was in a Roundabout until she out grew that and is now in a Marathon. We will move the marathon to the other car when we get the new seat.

So based on our cars and her sats what seat would you get and why? Thanks so much!!

ADS

aisraeltax

I would personally get the Frontier (thats my plan for now). I don't have either but hope to get the Frontier during the fall Britax sale. I have just heard so many things about the Rgent being HUGE. And you may want to look into this but I think the Regent may not be FAA approved (the Frontier is).

i think both seats are good...and some ppl love their Regents....

can you get to a store to test both? after being on this board a few months, i have learned that is the best way to determine which seat to get (after reading reviews here, asking a ton of questions, etc. etc.).

good luck and welcome!

zactayaus

I would go with the Frontier because it does turn into a booster, but I don't have either one right now to comment on specifics.

However baby universe does have the Frontier on sale right now for $264.99 with free shipping, no sales tax, and if you use the "VISASAVES" code you get another $20 off (so $244.99 total). Also if you go through fatwallet you will earn 4% on this item. I ordered one a couple of days ago in red. I'm not sure if the sale price will be any better during the Sept. britax sale but it is probably comparible.

MomToEliEm

With my super tall DD, I bought a regent since I knew it would last her longer (the frontier and nautilus weren't options though when I bought it). She just turned 6 last month and is borderline on outgrowing the regent (some days I think I see the harness below her shoulders but luckily she sinks down some and it is right at her shoulders). I am glad I went with the regent as the frontier or nautilus would not have lasted us this long.

I am somewhat regretting my decision to buy the 2nd regent though. If I had waited just a little longer, I probably could have gotten something less expensive (nautilus) and then pass down DD#1's regent when it was outgrown.

We don't have a harnessed seat for DD#1 when we travel though (we bring along a booster for travel). DD#2 has a graco platinum cargo for travel which she still fits in (though she is close to that 40lb limit).

The regents fits fine in my toyota camry.

It probably would be best to try the regent in your car to see if it fits well and isn't too big. The frontier does look nice and it looks like a good booster too, but I am worried about the lower harness straps. My DD probably would have outgrown it at age 4 or early 5. I guess she would be fine in a booster at that age, but I love having her harnessed for a little while longer.

Coreyle

My husband is in the Navy and deployed a lot so my daughter and I travel quite often. When she grew out of the Roundabout I quit trying to lug a car seat onto the plane. It was just too much with it only being me. :eek:

We now use the CARES harness when flying. I also have the Gogo Kidz device that turns the car seat into a stroller so we use that in the airport and then check the seat at the gate. So for me, being FAA approved is not a make or break requirement.

I would love to wait until the fall sale but we really need it now. Thank you very much for the code and the great price on the Frontier!! That will really help.

My husband brought up this point - yes Frontier could possibly be the last seat you ever need to buy. But 4 or 5 years in car seat safety is a long time and imagine what they will come out with in between then. So are we worried about her growing out of the Frontier needlessly?

elle7715

My daughter is skinny but not quite that tall! If I was buying a carseat today I would pick the Frontier over the Regent. The Regent will harness her for the longest, but it dominates a back seat and if you ever need to take it on a plane (just in case) you would have to check it at the gate. If she does outgrow the harness on the Frontier before you are comfortable with her in a booster full time, you can always see what's on the market when you get to that point. You may choose to use it in booster mode in your second car (assuming by then she's over 40 lbs and mature enough to sit in one). Don't get me wrong, we LOVE our Regent and it installs like a dream in my mom's van. But I feel like the Frontier gives more options. How does your daughter fit in her Marathon? What harness slot is she on?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC