Truefit in a subaru pics

ADS

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
He is adorable! We got the sporty blue too (and a misty morning!).

I'm not sure if you were intending to use the seat without the upper seatback, but just by looking at the pics, I think you should. His sweet little noggin definitely doesn't look to be 1" below the seat shell.

Also - in some of the pics, it looks like the chest clip may be a *little* high. I always think of what would/could happen to their little airways if it's too high in the event of an accident. Probably wouldn't be nearly as bad since he's RF, but you never know :twocents:.

Sorry if I sound like I'm being picky - just trying to help. He is too darn cute!

VLsMom

Great pictures! He's such a cutie! And a very nice car seat. Looks like it installs well in your backseat. It must be a stretch to get back to him when you're sitting in the front seat and the seat has the extra headpiece attached. (I also thought the chest clip was pushed up too high.)

Also...you should post the IMG codes in your post so they show up on this thread....and make your photobucket account private. That way hundreds of people can't search through your whole selection of personal photos in other folders.
Just an FYI.

armywife12

I LOVE our sporty blue True Fit...great pics. I just found out something that is only in the new manuals. The infant padding must be removed after the child is 22 lbs. My manual only states that it can be used until the baby has reached the bottom slots but did not clearly state whether or not they must be removed so I kept them on to give my son something to rest his head on. The new manuals clearly say they must be removed once 22 lbs is reached though. I was disappointed about that but it isn't too big of a deal. He looks like he is at least 22 lbs but it is hard to tell by pics. Also, the old manuals state that position 1 and 2 can only be used for rear facing but the new ones say positions 1, 2 and 3 can be used. My son is 8 months old and is at the 2 position so this is good news for us. I was really concerned about that and am shocked he is at position 2 when he is only at the bottom slots in his Marathon. Here is the link to the new manual if you have the older one (which is only like 2 months old...lol)

http://elitecarseats.com/assets/pro...Compass/Compass_TrueFitConvertible_manual.pdf

leighi123

Yup I do have the chest clip a little high in the pics, Its usually at his armpits, we werent going anywhere yet! (dh put it way high because I always yell at him for leaving it on his belly!)
I know it looks like he is close to the height line, but really he has about 2.5" before he hits the red line on the seat (I measured today) -
He is also just under 19lbs - so still good without the headrest, although I'll probably put it on soon anyway.
I have him on the lowest slot because the second one is just level with his shoulders without the padding, they are below with the padding on the first slot.
Im going to make some adjustments here soon, but I checked everything and he should be ok with how it is set up now.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times already and its really easy to use and get nice and tight - so far the only issue I have with it is that I cant adjust the harness with it installed - Its not a big deal though because I usually just leave it tight and only adjust it when he grows and needs to be looser.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC