what can you tell me about soft sided carriers?

Melanie

I'm toying with the idea of getting a soft sided carrier so I can carry DD3 on my back. She is 1 and about 18 lbs. I'd like something that's easy to use by myself. I've never had one so can you please enlighten me?

TIA

ADS

aisraeltax

baby asleep now..thank goodness.
i love the Ergo and the Beco....but use the Ergo b/c it doesnt have flowers on it so if i get tired (which usually dont but sometimes just want a break from a 30 lb. bear on my back), the Ergo is good for men too. i love how pretty my Beco is though. :)

its easy on and easy off..nothing is complicated about it. I have been wearing ds in the backcarry since he was around 6 months old (to do housework, at the food store - still do it at the food store and he's 28 months..he loves it).

its easy to wash....easy to store in teh vehicle (in the mesh compartment), has prevented me from ever having to use a stroller....and it keeps ds calm. I dont have an issue w/ him wanting out of teh cart in the food store, or running around, or anywhere else that is dangerous. If he's in one of his "running" modes in an unsafe place, i can put him up easily and he's safe. BUT, if i let him out of it in the middle of the city, etc. etc. its still comfortable enough to hang down from my waist and not get in the way.

there are a million reasons i love it.....its comfortable. i have never had back shoulder or any other problems with it. Even prego right now i still wear him and its comfortable.

i wish i had one in every color but thats excessive and i recognize it...i wouldnt actually buy one in every color (we have blue) but i love them all (except black).

oh, and its good for their legs. teh bjorns and similar ones are not good for babies spines but the ergo allows them to sit on their bum.

Melanie

baby asleep now..thank goodness.
i love the Ergo and the Beco....but use the Ergo b/c it doesnt have flowers on it so if i get tired (which usually dont but sometimes just want a break from a 30 lb. bear on my back), the Ergo is good for men too. i love how pretty my Beco is though. :)

its easy on and easy off..nothing is complicated about it. I have been wearing ds in the backcarry since he was around 6 months old (to do housework, at the food store - still do it at the food store and he's 28 months..he loves it).

its easy to wash....easy to store in teh vehicle (in the mesh compartment), has prevented me from ever having to use a stroller....and it keeps ds calm. I dont have an issue w/ him wanting out of teh cart in the food store, or running around, or anywhere else that is dangerous. If he's in one of his "running" modes in an unsafe place, i can put him up easily and he's safe. BUT, if i let him out of it in the middle of the city, etc. etc. its still comfortable enough to hang down from my waist and not get in the way.

there are a million reasons i love it.....its comfortable. i have never had back shoulder or any other problems with it. Even prego right now i still wear him and its comfortable.

i wish i had one in every color but thats excessive and i recognize it...i wouldnt actually buy one in every color (we have blue) but i love them all (except black).

oh, and its good for their legs. teh bjorns and similar ones are not good for babies spines but the ergo allows them to sit on their bum.

Those are the same reasons I'm thinking about one. The Becos are very pretty...too bad the Ergos don't come in patterns like that.

Mother's Day is coming...how sad would it be if I get this for Mother's Day when I got a stroller for my birthday. See what you've all done to me.

aisraeltax

those soun like great gifts to me!!! i got a Dyson last year for a holiday.....a Kitchen Aid mixer for Mother's Day last year (OMG i was so pysched about that).

hmm...i just had a bday and got a power book but i think that was the first gift "non mom or wifey duty" type of gift ive received in years! lol!

southpawboston

we love our ergo! we like it better than the maya wrap, sutemi, bjorn, or standard slings (all of which we have or had at one time). although, the sutemi comes in a close second! i don't understand why no one here ever mentions the sutemi. do a search here and i'm the only one who has ever mentioned it, lol...

sparkyd

Just wanted to put another vote in for the Ergo. I absolutely love mine and recommend it to everyone. Super easy to use front and back and very comfortable. I have lower back problems and was shocked at how comfortable it is for me. DS always seems happy in there too. He is almost a year and about 24 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC