What do people think of the pink Frontier???

fyrfightermomma

So I am looking at purchasing a frontier as I told DH a while back that our oldest could FF at 3 in his car (she'll stay RFing in my car a while longer) and was still deciding between the Natuilus and the Frontier.

I decided to go with a frontier and liked the pink sky but as I looked at it more and more it occured to me that that would probably get really filthy really fast.

Amazon has some great "zoom" pictures and you can see how light it is and I just can imagine it getting really dirty.

What does everyone else think???

Oh yeah, my kids never eat or drink in the car but I am thinking more along the lines of climbing into it as they get older with dirty shoes and pants etc....

ADS

HEVY

IF I can reconvince my DH to get me the Frontier I would choose the pink one, and yes I am worried about the cover getting dirty easily. I also for like a minute thought about the black and tan one (would sooo match my car) but it's ugly, well they are all ugly, except the pink. :D So yes I would go with the pink and deal with the dirt later.

Tommorrow I am going to the store to try it on my DD, they say there is a pink on display. Hope so. There will be pics.

Melanie

I don't think they get FF car seats as dirty. DD doesn't really get her feet on the car seat when she's climbing in anymore.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
For a pink seat, I think it is cute.

I really don't like most of the pink seats (I abhor all the pink Marathons, Boulevards, Decathlons, ComfortSports, and Radians), but I think the pink Frontier is cute. Perhaps that is because it doesn't have flowers or fairies or anything like that.

VLsMom

I just got notification that my pink Frontier shipped yesterday, so you bet I'll be taking lots of pictures when it comes. :)

mamabear

my pink Frontier should be here monday
as soon as I get it in the car I'll try to post pics in daylight so you can really tell the color.

but to answer your question,no, I'm not really worried about the dirty factor.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
I haven't seen the Frontier, but if it's the same as the Monarch it is fairly light. No more than any other lighter colored seat tho. The Monarch was umber cute. Sure wish the Frontier would install in my lap belt.

carseatfreak

I love it the color...don't worry too much about it getting dirty(and it is so stylish IMO and goes perfect with my dark grey interior. They're right that ff there is not much issue with feet in the seat... I have boxed this seat up 2 different times now and I am still not 100% sure (mainly b/c of the difficult install). We test drove it with dd last night though and she was so comfy. She could sit crossed-legged and was just perfect in it. It is rather deep compared to the GN or MA but I think we'll appreciate that in the long run and is not causing her any problems now. We also purchased a nautilus yesterday (I needed to compare the two) and being a britax user since we graduated from the infant seat I think I won't be happy with the nautilus in my car. My initial complaints with it are the buckles and straps. They 'look' like Britax seats but the buckle was difficult for me to unlatch and hard to get as tight (I mean the straps against her body) as the Britax does. I think it's just 'different' (awkward) not necessarily wrong but that is just personal preference and being spoiled by the easy harnesses (IMO) of the Britax seats. DH loves the GN. DD does fit very comfy in the GN. But...now that dd has seen the cubbies on the GN she is sold on that seat (she threw a FIT last night when we were taking my car with the frontier! That totally threw me off b/c she was so about her seat being pink and the gn is just so plain.) My guess is we'll be keeping both...frontier for my car...gn for dh's vehicle (or to grandma's)...that's assuming I get a 'pass' on my install when I get it officially checked by a CPST. It's still not totally light out here so in a few hours I'll try to get out and snap some pics of it installed in my car and the GN in dh's and some with dd in it. Then I just have to figure out how to get them in the post.

Neatfreak

I don't think they get FF car seats as dirty. DD doesn't really get her feet on the car seat when she's climbing in anymore.

I agree! I have barely needed to spot clean my DD's light beige MA cover since turning her FF, whereas RF was a different story. Especially in the spring when the snow was melting! So, I wouldn't worry about the pink Frontier cover getting dirty more than any other colour combo ...

Last edited:

tjham

Would it be terribly wrong to spray a layer of Scotchguard on the pink part while the seat was still brand new? :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Might destroy the antiflammability....?

I know my Ashley Floral got really blue from Bitsy's jeans in it all the time, but it washed up like new every couple months. I'd be surprised if the Pink Sky was any less well-wearing.

:)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My Mariposa is just filthy and we've only used it for 2 mos! :( Of course Evan tends to walk over Ilana's seat to get to his seat. I don't think a ffing seat would get very dirty either so it should be fine. I need to find time to wash Ilana's seat, but every time I decide to do it it rains and I don't want to have to wash it again in a few days.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Can't be any worse than the Sandstone RA. I had one of those and never found a stain that didn't come out. (even red koolaid came out in the wash)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC