Which Cover for Radian?

calgal22002

I am planning to order a Radian80 for DD so that I can get 3 across in our Mazda Protege (hopefully). My preference would be to get the Princess cover, but we are moving to Houston for a year this summer. Would the Super Cool be a better choice for a hot climate? I realize that in the entire life of this seat, the 1 year in Houston isn't really a strong reason to go with the 2nd choice, but I have been reading a lot of great reviews of it on here. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Marina

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I find the regular microfiber covers on the RN 65's are quite cool, I've *heard* the supercool can get a bit snagged (???). And the princess should be smooth and cool enough, IMO (it's such a nice open airy seat that the cover doesn't really matter too too much, I don't think, so get the one you really want!)

:)

calgal22002

LOL - thank you for enabling me! DH keeps trying to convince me to go with a grey one (to match the car interior and the granite Parkway). Now... will a Cowmoo MA, Princess Radian, Granite Parkway and a red exterior look awful??? Oh, who cares?!

Tammyfh

My son coooks in the car (in a cool climate) and he is doing very well in the grey cover. I've also heard the super cool cover doesn't last as long and tends to snag. I think the normal cover should be fine! The grey matches my car perfectly :) The princess is very cute! I think my huusband would kill me if I got it for my son tho ;) haha

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have a Super Cool and I'm not impressed with it. It has snagged quite a bit now and I'm sure we'll have to replace it before the end of the seat's life. I wouldn't get it again.

threemonkeys

We have two Radian 80s with the Princess cover. Neither of my daughters have had any problems getting too warm in them.

grumpybear

I agree on the Supercool getting snagged.
We have another one with the Monaco cover and I have to admit though that my son sweats more when he is in there than when he is in the Supercool. And we live in Alaska.
Or maybe my son just sweats a lot. LOL

elle7715

I would get the Princess. It's soft but not that plush. My DD tends to get hot very quickly but has had no problems with it.

Kat_Momof3

You know, there is also the school of thought that Pink, being a lighter color than the dark grey of the Super Cool, would absorb less sun and therefor stay cooler than a dark color.

I think the seats will go along fine... and why not get a princess seat for the princess?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC