STL people, Britax rep & seat give away at Cotton Babies (B&M store only)!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I received an e-mail about it this evening, as I've bought from Cotton Babies via their online store. I'm not in Saint Louis, so I can't attend this event, but I thought I'd pass the info along in case anyone else is interested. No affiliation, yadda, yadda. :thumbsup:
Cotton Babies
May 1, 2008

The Cotton Babies Retail Store has moved to a beautiful new location! The new store is much, much larger and features fun new products. We've even created a comfortable couch area just for feeding your baby or relaxing with a friend!

To help us celebrate, Britax has provided us with a free, in-store carseat expert this Saturday, May 3rd. He is available to answer carseat questions, demonstrate the Britax products and and will be giving away a new Britax Boulevard carseat at the 1pm demonstration. You must be present to win the carseat.

The first 50 people into the store on Saturday will receive a $5 off any purchase coupon - good for purchases on Saturday only. :)

Stay tuned, because more exciting grand opening events are coming up during the month of May including a huge party with tons of giveaways on May 31st.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend! Click here for directions and a map.

Kindest regards,

Jenn

Cotton Babies, Inc.
http://www.cottonbabies.com

ADS

emandbri

That is awesome! I haven't been to cottonbabies yet but met Jenn years ago back when she was selling diapers out of her house! :D I might go just so I can ask the guy about the monarch and the product selector.

Last edited:

emandbri

I went! I would say there were maybe 20 moms there and a few dads, I thought it would be a bigger turn out with the offer of a free seat! The free seat was from the britax rep not from cotton babies and he offered any seat not just the boulevard. The women who won choose a boulevard for her 9 month old and it is going to be mailed to her.

The rep was very nice and informative.

He really pushed the boulevard, I wouldn't be surprised if all the moms who were there because they needed a new seat either bought it or the frontier.

He said they are discontinuing the monarch in favor of the frontier because the company feels it is hypocritical to offer these great seats with side impact and have a booster. I don't agree with that decision since plenty of people will need a booster after a 65 seat is outgrown and won't want to pay the price of the frontier. He said they also felt it was hypocritical to have the monarch turn into a backless booster. I don't agree with that either because depending on the car and the child a high back may not work. Jacob is in a backless and I feel fine with it. Oh and I told him about the product selector saying it was okay to put a 1 year old in the monarch and he was pretty much horrified, hopefully it will be fixed! I could just see some parent doing it! Elizabeth is 27 lbs and 21 months old, occurring it it she could ride in it in 3 lbs!

He was also extremely excited about the frontier and brought a prototype with him. Sadly he wouldn't let me try it in my van, I was quite bummed. I was trying to decide if I should drive the van or Brian's car down and took the van just in case the frontier was there even though I feel silly driving the van by myself and the car gets better gas mileage! lol He said it couldn't leave the store because it was a prototype. I really pushed, offered to leave him my driver's license and debit card as assurance that I would bring it back, said he was welcome to come with me, and asked if he could install it, nope no go. I seriously thought about asking if I could bring a seat from the van into the store but I didn't want to risk messing up the pretty wood floors in the store! Jenn will be getting some in a couple of weeks, I'll have to make another trip down there (it was about 35 min for me).

He also said there are other two seats in the works but couldn't tell much about them but said they are awesome and we will be blown away!

He did a great job of pushing extended rear-facing and extended harnessing! Woohoo! A women had a regent and said she wished she knew the frontier was coming out she would have waited. I now feel bad that I didn't let her know that even though they both go to 80 lbs the regent does have taller harness slots. Hopefully she will figure that out feel better about her decision.

I guess my only grip is that he kept saying that you could use the convertibles from birth and I know that wouldn't be safe for the vast majority of newborns. I have pictures of Elizabeth in the decathlon at a week old with the straps 2 inches above her shoulders, maybe I should e-mail them to him? hum.

Jenn remembered me even though I hadn't seen her in forever! She said that I insisted on fixing her infant seat years and years ago! lol I didn't remember that. She also offered me a job once I'm re-certified but it is a bit far and I'd miss my family on the weekends, I'll have to see exactly what she is thinking of and think about it. If I did all the money I made would be spend there! :love: Awesome diapers, zutano clothes, squeaker shoes, I was in heaven! I was a good girl and only bought diaper liners! ;) I'm totally going there in the fall when Elizabeth needs new shoes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC