More Catalog Fun, 1983

ADS

HEVY

Hmmm, the booster is not THAT bad. The lap belt looks like it's on his lap and it has a nice harness. Could be tighter. :rolleyes:

KJAJ&RJ'sMommy

Wow! That is so interesting. That is the year my DH was born (June 83). I was born in Jan 84. I wonder if I had one of those? I will have to ask my dad tomorrow.

TerisBoys

I had a 1989 version of the One Step (first ad) for Josh (born 1996). Complete with the yellow gingham cover also shown on this page.

christineka

My little brother and I had the plastic boosters. Sometimes we only used them as seats in the cargo area of the station wagon.

Christine

HEVY

I can't believe one dd was born 2 yrs after these seats came out and the next dd has a Regent.

TerisBoys

LOL, that cover helped to prevent shock from too hot or too of a cold seat. :thumbsup:

Kept his chubby baby legs from sticking to the vinyl too! :thumbsup: (joking)

Oh the things I've learned in the last 12 years!

The church I attended as a teen had a bunch of the boosters w/ harness on the first page. They were still using them in the daycare van in the early 90's.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I really like that yellow cover. Reminds me of Vera Bradley stuff. Maybe Britax needs to make some cool "Vera Bradley" covers lol! I'd buy one.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I used to have that safe-t-rider booster! I rode in it from the age of 9-??.. It was okay. Not the most comfy thing.. SUPER heavy though. And since there weren't shoulder belts in the back seat of our station wagon, I used just the lap belt.. And the real reason I even had it was so I could see out of the window and stop complaining.. LOL.
Mine didn't have a harness though..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC