EXP Date from date of first use or DOM?

Cyrene

I am looking for 4 SK Radian 65 and I found a place that has them for 187.00 no tax, free shipping, and offers a twins discount of 10% which brings the price for 4 seats to 673.00. I can't beat that price but when I asked her what the DOM was she said they were from 2005-2008:cool: I told her that meant they were selling a 3 yr old seat and that it would only leave 5 yrs of use on the life of the seat (I believe Sk says they have 8 yrs of use). She put me on hold and came back and said that the SK web site says that it's 8 yrs of use regardless of DOM:eek:

Can anyone clarify for me what the correct answer is? I thought you went off of DOM.

TIA,
Cyrene

ADS

mish

It is DOM that determines expiration. Think of it this way: Milk doesn't start to lose its drinkable time only after you buy it. It starts going bad right away. I know that isn't exactly the same as car seats, but you get the idea.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Radians started hitting the shelves in November 2005 with a DOM of 10/05 (we have one of those, as well as a 3/07 one). So yes, but you don't want those. SK has made significant changes to the seat and the harness since then, and while the older ones aren't unsafe, they're much more of a PITA to use. My 3/07 is a million times easier than my 10/05.

SK says eight years, that's fine, but that person needs to get slapped upside the head before she gives out fatal advice. Have her call SK (Toll-free: 1-888-336-7909) and double check her information.

"Hmmm, I thought it was eight years from when it was made. Do you think you could call them and find that out for me before I buy these seats from you? Thanks so much."

Wendy

Cyrene

Ok Thank you! I thought it was from DOM but she kept arguing with me. She said I would get a mix of DOM and they couldn't tell me what I was getting ,I would just have to wait until they came in the mail. She also said they were taking pre orders and they would be getting a big shipment in and they would go out in 7-10 days. Is it possible that they could still be getting shipments in that have a DOM older than 07-08?
Maybe tomorrow I'll call and talk to someone else and see if the story changes.

Cyrene

Radians started hitting the shelves in November 2005 with a DOM of 10/05 (we have one of those, as well as a 3/07 one). So yes, but you don't want those. SK has made significant changes to the seat and the harness since then, and while the older ones aren't unsafe, they're much more of a PITA to use. My 3/07 is a million times easier than my 10/05.

SK says eight years, that's fine, but that person needs to get slapped upside the head before she gives out fatal advice. Have her call SK (Toll-free: 1-888-336-7909) and double check her information.

"Hmmm, I thought it was eight years from when it was made. Do you think you could call them and find that out for me before I buy these seats from you? Thanks so much."

Wendy

Thanks Wendy,

I'll try tomorrow, I'm on the west coast so most CS departments are already closed.:(

Cyrene

I thought I had seen Sumner as the addy for Russ's contact info. My DH works in Seattle and we are just a ferry ride away (45 min).

If I could get a twins discount through them directly and go pick them up myself that would be sweet!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC