Do injury accidents require a police report

U

Unregistered

My son was also involved in a minor MVA. There is no police report as the driver of the other car refused to do one. There are no claims of damages against either vehicle. It appears the driver of the other car had no insurance which accounts for why she would not file a police report. We don't even have a scratch on our car. We took the car to an adjuster 2 days later to have pictures taken to prove no damage to our vehicle. Today we receive a statement of claim from the sister in the other vehicle who is suing my son for one million dollars due to injuries she claims she sustained. This accident happened August 2006. Doesn't the Highway Traffic Act require injury accidents to be reported to the police within 48 hours. Can anyone help me as we are being scammed. Thank you

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I think the best advice is to seek out a law enforcement or legal advice forum or preferably to contact a lawyer or police department in person.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC