BRU Pics - Priori, SS2, Apex, Regent

BabyKaykes

Someone asked me so I'll post this here....

Lets talk Maxi Cosi, shall we?! Can you say, tiny? I really like the seat, it's soft, compact and reclines FF. The absolute WORST thing about it is the harness adjuster. I couldn't find it (it's enclosed in the back somehow) and finally decided that if it was going to be that hard, it wasn't worth it. Isaiah can NOT RF in it. His head is pretty much even with the top of the seat. I was floored! He has more room than that in his CS! Let's take a look, shall we?

His stats at the time: 29.5mths old, 30lb fully clothed, a hair over 35" tall and has a 12.5" torso.

A nice seat, but no 2.5yo should fill it out this way! The base is short enough that his feet touch the floor while sitting in it.
3-28-08006.jpg
3-28-08002.jpg

Please excuse his runny nose...it's officially allergy season. If he was FF, which he'd have to be, he'd use these top slots. They are 15" The one's below that are above his shoulders, but not far enough that I'd use them.
3-28-08005.jpg

I had my ruler with me but couldn't hold it, the camera, and measure at the same time. But there is just under .5" of shell above his head when he sits back - he has a tad more space then that in the CS, but not more than 1".
3-28-08003.jpg

I'd buy it for a newborn to use until they outgrew it, but I wouldn't buy it for a baby outgrowing an infant seat.

The SS2. I decided it wasn't a such a terribly useless seat. If I travelled a lot by car I'd chose it over the Cargo. It's SUPER padded, the recline was easier than the MCP, the ETA, and the MA. I could also tighten the harness with one hand. Graco has a good seat on their hands, they just need to up that weight limit to work with the 17" top slots. It needs shoulder pads. The padding is even with the top slots. The next slots down are where my hand is. He's under them but I didn't want to adjust the seat.
3-28-08007.jpg
3-28-08008.jpg

The Apex: Today on the left, 1 year ago on the right. I'm not sure what was going on with the harness, but I could NOT tighten it. And the crotch strap was almost too short to buckle.
3-28-08009.jpg
Apex01.jpg

The second to top slots are 1" over his shoulder with the toddler insert still inside.
3-28-08010.jpg

The Regent: Today on the left, 1 year ago on the right. My baby is getting so big! This is when I decided that the seat wasn't for us. Isaiah was sleepy and tried desperately to lean on the side of the seat to rest his head. He was mad because he couldn't get comfy. Not that I want to harness him to 18yrs old anyway (my torso is 19" and I have successfully buckled myself into the Regent before).
3-28-08011.jpg
Regent01.jpg

Today he looked to be even with the bottom slots, but once I stuck my hand in there, the slot was a good .5" over his shoulder. A year ago he was 2.5" below the slot.
3-28-08012.jpg
Regent02-1.jpg

For those looking for a side by side comparison...I took this last year. The Regent and the Apex fully extended.
regapex3.jpg

ADS

keri1292

I wouldn't dismiss the Regent on account of the lack of recline. In a vehicle with the recline bar, it's quite reclined and easy to sleep in. :twocents:

It's really neat to see the change from one year to the next! :)

HEVY

YEah I would go with the Regent, it does recline when installed, and some cars more than others.

BabyKaykes

While I don't hate the Regent, I really feel that it's more seat than I'll ever need or want in my vehicle. And it wasn't so much the recline as the fact that ds likes to lean on the side of the seat to sleep. When properly strapped in, the Regent is too wide for him to reach the sides. Maybe if he wasn't so slim he'd be ok.

I have already decided on the Nautilus for when he goes FF and MAY look into the Frontier, since it's more narrow than the Regent. Plus, it will have to sit in my car next to a Compass infant seat.

courtfrog2

"Not that I want to harness him to 18yrs old anyway (my torso is 19" and I have successfully buckled myself into the Regent before)."

I'd like to harness my child until 18! LOL... I would seriously like to see a picture of you in the seat... ROFL!!!:D

BabyKaykes

LOL, I feel stupid doing it in BRU because it's always so crowded, but if I can get someone to go to TRS or USA Baby with me one day, I will happily sit and pose for a Regent pic, just for you guys!

Quite comfy! But I never was comfortable with the HUGS over my boobs, lol!

Mama!

LOL, I feel stupid doing it in BRU because it's always so crowded, but if I can get someone to go to TRS or USA Baby with me one day, I will happily sit and pose for a Regent pic, just for you guys!

Quite comfy! But I never was comfortable with the HUGS over my boobs, lol!

HA! I'll bet no one ever took boobs + HUGS into consideration during testing.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh, and I agree with the OP--I hate the Regent because it looks so uncomfy to sleep in! I have a car sleeper, too. I'm really not looking forward to having to FF her.

Mama!

Oh, and I agree with the OP--I hate the Regent because it looks so uncomfy to sleep in! I have a car sleeper, too. I'm really not looking forward to having to FF her.

My dd sleeps with no problem in her Regent. She just lays her head to the side and her temple rests on the sidewall of the seat. She has never complained.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My dd sleeps with no problem in her Regent. She just lays her head to the side and her temple rests on the sidewall of the seat. She has never complained.

That's what people say about the Radian, too, but still DD's head just flops straight forward and dangles like that. She hates it. We've tried teaching her to tip her head to the side like Wendy's Piper does in her siggy pic, but have have since given up and use the EFTA RF.

BabyKaykes

I have yet to find a True Fit IRL ::sigh:: It saddens me.

DS had to FF once in the FPSVD when he was 18mths because I needed a quick 3-across and my usual '3-across' seats weren't available. He had floppy head when he fell asleep, but I was finally able to make him slouch a little so that he could rest his head to the side.
fpsvdFF16mths.jpg

Funny about boobs+HUGS: My ex-foster parents have a 22yo in a Roosevelt (she's the height of your average 10yo and never over 70-75lb). She used to be in a Husky and when whey first got it and she started to 'develop' her mother never quite knew where to put the HUGS. They were never in the same place twice. Now they're not an issue, but boobs and harnesses don't really mesh well anyway, lol!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
While I don't hate the Regent, I really feel that it's more seat than I'll ever need or want in my vehicle. And it wasn't so much the recline as the fact that ds likes to lean on the side of the seat to sleep. When properly strapped in, the Regent is too wide for him to reach the sides. Maybe if he wasn't so slim he'd be ok.

Same here with my dd in the Regent...she'd be so tired she'd weep with frustration she couldn't reach the sides to lean on :eek: I had to stop and buy her a roll-shaped pillow one day when we were a long way from home after she cried, "I can't reach my brother's seat!" (she was 3, she was sitting IN her brother's seat, it was kind of funny!)

wondering1

We got a little pillow, too. We started using the Regent for my child at age 4.5 and it may fit until it is expired after 6 years!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC