B505 Compass mfg'd two years ago - argh. Acceptable?

gbpmama

It expires in 2013, but it was manufactured in May of 2006! :mad:

I am getting more and more frustrated with my order from Learning Curve. I am guessing the other B505 we got was mfg'd around the same time. Will have to open it here in a bit. :(

Would you complain or what? I already shot off an email to LC about the TF not being the right pattern/color.

ADS

mominabigtruck

I looked on learning curve and the b505 was the one that was marked down. If you paid less then what the b510 was then I wouldn't complain too much especially since I was under the impression they weren't making the b505 anymore.

Airforcemomma

I got one of their boosters that was manufactured 2 yrs ago to. I called them about it and CSR said he had no idea how I would have got stock that old.

Needless to say it went back. I paid full price for a seat that I expected the full life span from.

gbpmama

I wouldn't have bought them, marked down or not, 50% off or not, had I known they were mfg'd two years ago.

I emailed CS about this as well. Would call but my kids are loud right now.

I guess I should've known better.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Remember that the Compass seats have an 8 year expiry. Soooo, your booster still has 6 years left on it.

CandCfam

Remember that the Compass seats have an 8 year expiry. Soooo, your booster still has 6 years left on it.

Not according to the Giraffe B510 I bought.

DOM is 3-10-08
Do Not Use After: 3-10-15

OP, the DOMs and DNUA dates are on a label on the box, you don't need to open it to find them.:)

mominabigtruck

I wouldn't have bought them, marked down or not, 50% off or not, had I known they were mfg'd two years ago.

Why not?

You're still getting 6 years out of the seat so as much time as any booster you would have bought anywhere else but it cost less:confused:

Tons of people bought the compass infant seats at big lots for $40 that were already a couple years old because they were a good deal. Where else are they going to find a front adjust 5pt seat lines with eps foam and built in lock offs for $40 brand new.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I have one of those infant seats, NIB, sitting up on a shelf in my garage. It's been there for over a year. LOL

It doesn't expire until the end of 2011, IIRC. I am hoping to finally break it out this fall.

mominabigtruck

I guess I am picky. Sorry.. :/

We don't mean to make you feel bad;) I'm just wondering if there's a specific reason that you wouldn't buy a new seat that was discounted because of the age.

Of course I'm cheap too, so I have no problem buying something I know I'm only going to use for a certain amount of time if I get a good deal on it.:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC