Albee Baby and FPSVD

tjham

I emailed them about the price of the FPSVD being the same as it was a year ago and them calling it a "close out" price.

http://www.albeebaby.com/fiprsavodeco1.html

I have two of these and I think that they are great but I know that they have been discontinued and haven't been made in a long while. The ones you are selling must be over a year old, if not longer. I got one of mine from you over a year ago at the same price.

So, how can you call $129.99, a "Close Out" price? Come on, be reasonable now and lower the price!
Those of us on the carseat boards will spread the word and you'll get rid of them at a time when they still have some usable life left. (They are only usable for 6 years from date of manufacture, NOT date of purchase).

Thanks,

T H

This was their answer. I will still order seats from them as I have had good service in the past but this line of thought is hard to understand!

"I am sorry but we are unable to lower our price any further."

:mad: :rolleyes:

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I imagine if they lower their price it will cut into their profit. Unfortunately they are in the business of making money.

Susan

Beckers

But, didn't they sell the 2006 models for $89.99 last year? I'm pretty sure that's when I bought our second one...

SillyLily

I stiill consider $129 a good price for a Britax-ish seat with 4-5 years left.

Not really a good price when you can get an actual Britax during the sales for only $30 more, that is only 5 months old instead of 1+ year(s) old. Especially when there are so many low cost options coming on the market recently that meet the reasons people buy the big Britax seats (HWH, etc...).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC