broken/faulty snugride harness adjuster

crunchierthanthou

Have you ever seen one?

I was visiting with my neighbor who brought home their 4 mo baby last week. I was commenting on her choice of seat (02/08 SR with front adjust :thumbsup:) when she asked how to loosen it. I was surprised to find that it was completely jammed. The adjuster strap wouldn't budge at all. It was as tight as it could go and a very snug fit.

Refresh my memory (I gave our SR away Saturday, so I can't double check it myself)- the adjust lever is opposite of MA, right? as in, you lift from the back and angle it down toward the front of the seat? It was stuck so the lever was angled up at the front- the part you lift was down flat against the shell and the teeth on the front were sticking up. I was hesitant to force it because I didn't know what damage it would cause, so I told her to take it back to BRU.

Anyone have any experience with that?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

is that it? I honestly can't remember except that it took me a little while to get used to the MA and I kept reminding myself it was opposite of the SR. Now all I remember is that it's opposite of the MA, so that makes sense for it to be push down rather than pull up. Her lever was down as far as possible and the adjuster wasn't budging.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
http://www.elfe.net/common/sitemedia/pdf18465EMECA3_ISPC080CA Manual.pdf

Pg 10 has the 5pt diagram. Pg 29 has the loosen harness instructions. I can't tell from the directions because it simply says depress harness adjustment lever, but I'm pretty sure it's press at the back because I recall sliding my finger in the flap to do it.

(Silly how I know what to do when seeing it, but can't definitely say by imagining it in my mind. :eek: )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC