There's a carseat on my doorstep!

leighi123

I got my (Levi's) new TrueFit! Dh laughed at me when I told him he had to leave it out there until I took a pic - Will update later on...

ADS

leighi123

My camera died so I only got a couple pics, then they called me into work so I dont have it installed yet (its icky outside with all the wind, and dh has the car at work now)
Here is Levi checking out his new seat -

DSCF0177.jpg

Its DOM is from Feb, so I have the manual that says 'slots 1 and 2' for rearfacing. Does that mean I cant use it in the 3rd slot? - I dont know if I will ever have to, Levi is still on the lowest slots for sure, I measured his torso and its only just over 10", so he should be good height wise.
I think Im going to clean the car before I put it in there - I dont want dog hair on this one! - So far it looks pretty good, a heck of a lot nicer than the pink one...

I wish there was a carseat on my doorstep! I am waiting for my Madison Regent that is on backorder!!!!

Those trufits look really nice - You'll have to let us know how you like it!

leighi123

Ok no more pics yet sence I still havent gotten batterys - but we instaleld it today, in the centre seat in my subaru - I told dh to go put the carseat in the car (I meant the pink one because we had to huury up and leave) but he put the Truefit in - it took him about 2 min to install (he did it right with the lock offs, I checked him) - it is super solid in there - I couldnt move it at all even pulling really hard and trying to.
We put Levi in and when I adjusted the straps, I had to pull on them at the back and then pull the adjuster to get them tight - it wasnt hard though and I didnt have to do that again the second time I put him in, I think they were just really loose out of the box.
HE LOVED IT!
I guess it sits higher than the snugride (we dont use the base) - so he can see out of the window better, and he can see into the front seat - he spent the 5 min car ride to work looking out the window and looking at me and dh, yelling and smiling at everything - it was so funny.
He looked really comfy in it too - I took the infant padding out and sat in it myself in the living room and it was really comfy for me to be in, much more comfy than the snugride (which Ive also sat in)
So far, I really like it, and Levi does too! :thumbsup:
The snugride has been demoted to a back up for grammys car, until he outgrows it (he still has plenty of room in that thing!)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
LOL! Your dh is HOT! And i LOVE your artwork....DH would totally love one of those shirts, lol, he always says he is all for NIP because why wouldn't he want to see boobies? LOL!
I SO wanted one of the truefits...but couldn't really justify it, having just bought 2 new carseats within the last 2 months, so my maturity took over and I passed up the sale...wah.....

leighi123

LOL! Your dh is HOT! And i LOVE your artwork....DH would totally love one of those shirts, lol, he always says he is all for NIP because why wouldn't he want to see boobies? LOL!
I SO wanted one of the truefits...but couldn't really justify it, having just bought 2 new carseats within the last 2 months, so my maturity took over and I passed up the sale...wah.....

Thanks - I think both of my boys are cuties! I can make a shirt for ya if you want one.
My mom bought Levi his Truefit, she is really big on saftey so it was easy to convince her, and we got it when the sale was on last week so we got a great deal!

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
How well do you think a newborn would fit in the True Fit? Also, what year/model is your Subaru? My friends want a convertible for their baby edd 8/25/08 and they have a 96 Subaru Outback Legacy. Also, are you installing w/ or w/out the extended back? Sorry for all the questions, I just feel scared recommending a seat sight-unseen but I've been very impressed with all of Compass' other seats. One more question, do the Compass seats still have a 7yr expiration date?

Thanks for posting!

Marie

Last edited:

leighi123

How well do you think a newborn would fit in the True Fit? Also, what year/model is your Subaru? My friends want a convertible for their baby edd 8/25/08 and they have a 96 Subaru Outback Legacy. Also, are you installing w/ or w/out the extended back? Sorry for all the questions, I just feel scared recommending a seat sight-unseen but I've been very impressed with all of Compass' other seats. One more question, do the Compass seats still have a 7yr expiration date?

Thanks for posting!

Marie

My subaru is a 97' outback - so nearly the same car - I think a newborn would fit great because the infant insert is really nice and does well to cradle the baby - my ds is pretty small still and looks cozy in it. - When we have another baby in a couple years, Im just going to get another one instead of getting an infant seat! (Levi was 7lbs,18in at birth and I think he would have fit just fine then)
Im installing it without the headrest peice, b/c Levi is around 19lbs, it fits really well in the centre. Tomorw I can try putting it on to see how it fits (were cleaning the car anyways so Im going to have to take it out to vacuum!) I can take some pics as well.
I dont know about the expiration, I just looked at the DOM, it does have a 'do not use after...' sticker on it, I'll just have to look tomorow when the car is back!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC